Should A Ofw Or A Foreigners Spouse Vote?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I have been wondering if my wife should vote in the upcoming elections. The way politics can often be played in the Philippines, is it paranoia to not want her to vote because I feel that if the opposite party were to win, she could be blacklisted or treated as an enemy of the state? I was just wondering what members who live outside the Philippines feel about voting in the upcoming election because this one is going to be a biggy for the country.More OFWs register for 2010 polls--DFA MANILA, Philippines -- Close to a thousand Filipinos working abroad registered on Thursday in various posts to allow them to vote in the May 2010 presidential election, the Department of Foreign Affairs said.There are now a total of 175,687 newly-registered Overseas Absentee Voters (OAV), up from Thursday

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I have been wondering if my wife should vote in the upcoming elections. The way politics can often be played in the Philippines, is it paranoia to not want her to vote because I feel that if the opposite party were to win, she could be blacklisted or treated as an enemy of the state? I was just wondering what members who live outside the Philippines feel about voting in the upcoming election because this one is going to be a biggy for the country.More OFWs register for 2010 polls--DFA MANILA, Philippines -- Close to a thousand Filipinos working abroad registered on Thursday in various posts to allow them to vote in the May 2010 presidential election, the Department of Foreign Affairs said.There are now a total of 175,687 newly-registered Overseas Absentee Voters (OAV), up from Thursday's figure of 174,815, the DFA said.Those who will want to register have 17 days more before the August 31deadline set by the DFA.The figure represents only 17.5 percent of the one million new registrants being targetted by the DFA.Posts in the Asia and the Pacific had the highest number of OAV registrants with 49,804, followed by the Middle East with 33,361, the Americas with 31,808 and Europe with 19,153.Registration posts manned by Philippine Overseas Employment Agency (POEA) had 18,471 registrants, followed by those at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) with 13,440; Commission on Filipinos Overseas, 4,815; and the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration with 4,835.http://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/brea...2010-polls--DFA
HmmIn my opinion go for it,in this day and age there is a freedom of speech which includes Voting. If she does not vote she might be going against her will to not have her say so therefor what ever the consequences are a vote is important.If everyone hides behind the curtain we will still be in the dark ages. :23_11_59[1]: