How To Get Something Shipped To Me In Cebu?

jaycad
Posted
Posted

Hey everyone,

I've been living in Cebu for a month now, and i'm loving it!

My girlfriend is trying to get some products shipped to us from the United States, and i'm unsure how that process works here.

We're staying in a residence, but i'm not confident that if we give them our address here, the mail will make it.

I am looking at DHL as a possible solution, but i'm not sure how that works either with incoming shipments.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Jay

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hey everyone,

My girlfriend is trying to get some products shipped to us from the United States, and i'm unsure how that process works here.

We're staying in a residence, but i'm not confident that if we give them our address here, the mail will make it.

I am looking at DHL as a possible solution, but i'm not sure how that works either with incoming shipments.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Jay

Whichever company you use, get if for Collection,the Sender can put a cell number on the Paper work for you to be Informed of its Arrival and go Fetch it. Make sure though you know which office as there may be Several, but Hopefully the one Nearest you.

Jack :thumbsup:

jaycad
Posted
Posted

Hey everyone,

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Jay

Whichever company you use, get if for Collection,the Sender can put a cell number on the Paper work for you to be Informed of its Arrival and go Fetch it. Make sure though you know which office as there may be Several, but Hopefully the one Nearest you.

Thanks for the reply Jack!

If I go with DHL (there's a location at SM mall, which is nearby), do I need to go in and arrange anything with them first? Or do I just have the sender mail to that address?

Thanks again,

Jay

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Not sure what the products are but if they are for commercial reselling etc you might find a customs bill waiting.  If you have someone in the states who can send you a Balikbayan box then you can fill it with lots of stuff. Another option again depending what your girl is after is my-shoppingbox.

Some info here but there are other topics that can be found in this forum, http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/17993-my-shoppingbox-johnny-air-cargo-etc/

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hey everyone,

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Jay

Thanks for the reply Jack!

If I go with DHL (there's a location at SM mall, which is nearby), do I need to go in and arrange anything with them first? Or do I just have the sender mail to that address?

Thanks again,

Jay

Best to Check but what i did with LBC was to have my Address on it as well but marked Clearly "To be Collected." If DHL is your route they will tell you what to Do  :thumbsup:

It never Hurts to be doubly sure on these things.

Jack :)

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Out of four DHL packages to K, three acquired Customs bills. It is also quite expensive to use DHL. If you can wait a few weeks, go with the balikbayan box. We had good results with LBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

jaycad
Posted
Posted

Out of four DHL packages to K, three acquired Customs bills. It is also quite expensive to use DHL. If you can wait a few weeks, go with the balikbayan box. We had good results with LBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies everyone.

The Balikbayan box isn't an option unfortunately, as it's a company that is sending her products to do a review video for (she's a YouTuber).

What do we need to tell the company when they ship the product? What address do I give them?

Thanks again everyone!

Jay

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
What address do I give them?

I usually ask that question to my landlord if unsure.