36 Months Coming Soon. A Few Questions

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

My 36 months in PI will arrive in early March 2016.

I have been staying on top of my extensions and have been getting 6 month extensions since they were available here in Davao City.

My Next extension is due early Nov. 2015. I ASSUME I should only get a 2 month extension and then get another 2 month Extension in Jan 2016.

Can I get my ECC when I get my 2 month extension in early Jan 2016 (will it still be good until late feb 2016)?

When I leave the country in late feb 2016, there is no amount of time I need to be gone? Day or two is OK?

When I return I will have a throw away ticket. Can this be for ANY date after my return, or does it need to be with in a certain time period?

I ASSUME when I return, I will need to start over with a 21 day visa, then a 2 month extension before I can go back to 6 month extensions.

Sorry, I said "A FEW" questions. Just planing ahead

Thanks

Dave

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

My Next extension is due early Nov. 2015. I ASSUME I should only get a 2 month extension and then get another 2 month Extension in Jan 2016.

Yes otherwise you will loose out ( wasting 2 months cash)

Can I get my ECC when I get my 2 month extension in early Jan 2016 (will it still be good until late feb 2016)?

I believe lasts for 30 days ( From Date of Issue)

When I leave the country in late feb 2016, there is no amount of time I need to be gone? Day or two is OK?

You can return same day if Flights permit

When I return I will have a throw away ticket. Can this be for ANY date after my return, or does it need to be with in a certain time period?

Any date  will do but I have always made it as long as permissible by the Airline. (Just in case)

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I have been staying on top of my extensions and have been getting 6 month extensions since they were available here in Davao City

This is interesting as I thought you were only allowed 2 of the 6 month extensions.  So how many 6 month extensions have they given you?

The ECC is only good for 30 days.  In the past (in Cebu) they just adjusted the date to save you the extra trip but a long time ago they stopped doing that because Manila told them off.  So what Davao BI does may be different, but the legitimate length is "Valid for 30 days"

• Like 2

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys.

I will adjust my plans to allow for a 30 day ECC limit

I have gotten 3 "6 Month" extensions to date

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Jack covered it well here and I think he went through the process earlier this year.  I just ended my 3 years and restarted too, so I will add a few comments in BLUE.

Yes otherwise you will loose out ( wasting 2 months cash)

I believe lasts for 30 days ( From Date of Issue)

Our BI office here is very easy to stop by so I stopped in to ask about the ECC.  He said to come by the week before my Saturday flight so I did, and it cost me p500 and 10 minutes.

You can return same day if Flights permit

I was going to return same day but lucky for me Cebu Pacific canceled my flight.   Why "lucky"?  In retrospect that would have been a brutal day.  The overnight trip was hard enough but was pleasant.  I got a room at the Hong Kong airport and came back the next morning.

Any date  will do but I have always made it as long as permissible by the Airline. (Just in case)

If you search here you can find a communication from BI (posted by JGF) stating that the ticket does not have to be within 30 days.  I printed it just in case I needed it.  Cebu Pacific in Hong Kong (Chinese contract staff, I think) did require the onward ticket and did not question my dates.  It was for about 45 days out.  A lot of people were scrambling to show onward tickets!

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 5