Philippines Tourist Visa Help Please

CaliforniaKing
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I am flying into Manila next week for a vacation for 30 days and am now worried about my old criminal record from 25 years ago in the US. I was a drug addict and had numerous property thefts and prison time served. I have been clean and sober for 22 years now and have been an ideal citizen. None of my crimes were of a sexual nature and I am not on any sex registry. I visited the Philippines last November and just loved it and was thinking about retiring there.Do you think I will get denied when I arrive in Manila because of my old record or is it just sex registry criminals? It is my understanding from research on the web that the APIS system just sends your name, birthdate, gender and things like that and if you are a fugitive or a terrorist, but not that you have a criminal record.

Has anyone recently come through immigration at Manila with an old criminal record that wasn't a sexual crime?

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Your understanding is correct. It will only flag up if you are on a wanted list, this includes visa renewals. Come and enjoy!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I visited the Philippines last November

Well if you were Admitted then, I can see no reason why it should be different Now so post-2148-0-34945400-1445387557.jpg

Jack :thumbsup:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
worried about my old criminal record from 25 years ago in the US.

I agree with JP who said that if you got in before then you will get in now, unless there was something you did in the meantime that may annoy a filipino who may try to get you on the blacklist.  If you suspect such a thing then all you can do is give it a try.  I do not think you can call and ask if you are on a blacklist.

As I was surfing around, related to this topic, I found out that the US will give passports to convicted felons without any problems if you owe more than $5,000 in child support, fuggedaboutit

Interesting

but http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/criminal-law/criminal-law/obtaining-passport-criminal-record.htm

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

If you can leave the USA with a valid passport you can get into the Philippines.

• 3 weeks later...
deanam
Posted
Posted

I think it will only be an issue if you apply for PR, A friend of mine applied for PR with a similar background and had his PR denied as they did an in depth look into his history and found as he had been in the clank for 5 years he wasn't an ideal applicant. Good luck with your stay

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I think it will only be an issue if you apply for PR, A friend of mine applied for PR with a similar background and had his PR denied as they did an in depth look into his history and found as he had been in the clank for 5 years he wasn't an ideal applicant. Good luck with your stay

Curious if they happened to deport him after the discovery?

deanam
Posted
Posted

Curious if they happened to deport him after the discovery?

Not deported, they are still letting him get 30 days on entry and he has appealed the decision

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Interesting system they have. I am curious to hear if CaliforniaKing made it through. A family member of mine here in USA has a felony many years ago. He wants to go with wife and I to visit someday but is afraid of even giving it a try.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Isn't there a database where the Philippine Consulate located in the states (LA, San Francisco, Chicago, etc) can give you information whether or not you're on the blacklist?    

• Like 1