scott h
Posted
Posted

Get the poor girl a maid Chris :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

It is good to hear of relationships that work.  Congrats on finding the right fit for you.

chris49
Posted
Posted

Get the poor girl a maid Chris :thumbsup:

Has not worked out in previous situations Scott. Previous partner treated the maid poorly and became incredibly lazy. She even had family members in there, but it never worked out. Maids also, always looking to jump to a better position, it's hard to keep a good one. A good all rounder is worth her weight in gold, while a young girl with no experience requires patience and some training.

I prefer Gina's sister with a similar work ethic. It costs me similar, but it's worth it.

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

My Wife exactly the same bed by 8-9pm up at 3-5am washing clothes by hand ( almost new Washing Machine just sits in the corner smiling ) " bang bang " goes the wooden stain remover !!

Sister ( a college professer wakes up at 6am ) wife prepares their breakfasts sister has her shower eats breakfast and the brother picks her up at 7am and takes her to the College , wife back to washing clothes !

then she feeds our 3 dogs and if I am not already awake at 8am she wakes me up ! my coffee and breakfast waiting for me on the table.

and still she does not stop ! she then goes and sweeps the road outside the main family house

then our car-port, then when she has done all that she will start ironing !!

we have had the helper and maid thingy but they are never up to her standards !!

I am " Allowed " to water the plants and hose the dogs down  !

and hoover inside the house !

I make most of the drinks during the day. and then she does the merianda at 10am and 3pm

we go shopping but not everyday.

she sometime( we) sleep around 2pm until 3.30-4pm depending what program is on GMA 7.

then she prepares dinner for 6pm. !

What is it with Filipino woman where do they get all the energy ?

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

I notice Gina will sleep deeply from 8 PM until she wakes up normally at 5 AM. She will have an afternoon nap on the bamboo thing outside. Whereas I will not sleep continuously, but have a long nap in the afternoon. Or 2 such naps.

• Like 2

Larry45
Posted
Posted

I notice Gina will sleep deeply from 8 PM until she wakes up normally at 5 AM. She will have an afternoon nap on the bamboo thing outside. Whereas I will not sleep continuously, but have a long nap in the afternoon. Or 2 such naps.

Yes, I'm very envious of my wife and her ability to sleep peacefully.  I don't think most expats here sleep well, for a variety of reasons...and that's quite unhealthy.  I was on a van transport a few weeks ago and not 5 minutes on the road, the filipina lady next to me is sleeping soundly on my shoulder.  What i would give for peace like that.   :)

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

After 5 days of steady rain, Thursday being the 6th day. Gina, who sleeps by 8 or 8 30 PM, got up around 2 30 AM. She made no announcement, but reminded me to watch the children. By 3 AM she started work.

She went out to do the lava lava, washing the clothes and quite soon she had 3 tubs going. Despite a very light drizzle she worked on, alone over the next 2 hours. Hanging the clothes under cover, wherever she can. At 5 AM she started her daily routine, and by 6 she had a cup of coffee.

Her sister came over to help out as normal, and both of them worked throughout the day including cooking, more washing and child care. My contribution not quite zero because I will watch the kids short term. We have no maid but a very helpful sister in law who gets food and certain considerations for her kids. No cash, in fact off her part time work, in another house, she will sometimes make a contribution.

I got out for about 5 hours on the bike, but due to rain took a bus home. Had a break including lunch out. Also had a late snack at home.

Gina never mentions her work all day. But at 8 PM, she says "I'm tired honey, may I sleep"

That's why I love her more and that's one reason I live here.

Sounds like your wife has more than a days work to do every day. Have you considered getting her a washing machine?

chris49
Posted
Posted
Sounds like your wife has more than a days work to do every day. Have you considered getting her a washing machine

What will be my excuse? We went for a ref and a flat screen TV. We have a house extension going on in the front. Kitchen in the back but not able to that yet. We don't have our own electricity, we just have feed from the in laws house. We pay the bills, but our single line extension is actually overloaded with what we are running now.

ISECO, like MERALCO hear wanted us to wire the hose to their standard, before giving us the separate feed plus our own meter.

Gina wanted the TV because her own TV was still in the in laws house, she doesn't want to move it because that will attract them here.  Washing machine is later. Partially her choice,