Alona Beach

RBM
Posted
Posted

My GF and sister are planing a trip to Panglao for a few days.

I spent some time navigating in circles on web sites getting no where.

Perhaps some reader can advise of a simple resort, rooms, within say 30 min walk to beach around P 1000----1500 per night if it's possible.

Thanks guys.

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Never been to Bohol, but we are planning a trip soon and there seems to be plenty of hotels in that price range.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/Hotels-g1036817-Panglao_Island_Bohol_Province_Visayas-Hotels.html

Hopefully others will chime in with a solid recommendation.

• Like 2

Crocodile
Posted
Posted

Use Agoda.

Support this site and click through to Agoda.  It doesn't cost you any more, but it gives a little love (money) back to this site in commission.

Agoda is a very reputable company and should be super-competitive in price.

• Like 5

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

We stayed at a few resorts on Panglao last January. Bohol Beach Club was the most resort for the money. I found Alona Beach to be disappointing. It would be good if you are a party animal. The only place we stayed at which was close to your price range was the Chill Out Guest House. It was OK but the walk after dark was scary enough so that the establishment would pay for your tricycle after dark. They did NOT want anyone walking that last 200 meters after dark.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 4

Larry45
Posted
Posted

. They did NOT want anyone walking that last 200 meters after dark.

Seems like that last 200 meters is where all the fun begins.   :thumbsup:   Thanks for the report  :cheersty:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Haven't been there but I believe that if you just arrive and take a walk along the beach you will find many resorts that will fit your budget as long as its not peak time. 

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Seems like that last 200 meters is where all the fun begins.   :thumbsup:   Thanks for the report  :cheersty:

It was very dark and barely wide enough for a car, with heavy vegetation on both sides. I think the girls at the desk were 'available'.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

It was very dark and barely wide enough for a car, with heavy vegetation on both sides. I think the girls at the desk were 'available'.

I think RBM will have his hands full with GF and her sister.  Hmmm.....sounds like a sandwich in the making.....he, he.  As far as the available girls behind the desk, I'm sure their fruits and vegetables are pretty fresh.  

RBM -- you're the Man!

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted

Haven't been there but I believe that if you just arrive and take a walk along the beach you will find many resorts that will fit your budget as long as its not peak time. 

I don't think you are not going to find anything along the beach at that price point. We stayed at the Flower Garden Resort, about 10 minutes from the beach. Prices start at 1800p.

• 1 month later...
putidako
Posted
Posted

Assuming you won't be with them, and assuming one of the girls can ride a motorbike, best deal on Panglao is HOPE HOMES. It's in Danao 10 minutes drive from Alona.

Fan rooms INCLUDING MOTORBIKE are 850.

Aircon rooms with ref INCLUDING MOTORBIKE are 1400.

They have a website.

• Like 1