Emergency Message For U.s. Citizens: Philippine Travel Warning

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

dos_image.jpg

U.S. Embassy, Manila, Philippines

Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens:  Philippine Travel Warning

October 22, 2015

THE EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES IS TRANSMITTING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AS A PUBLIC SERVICE TO U.S. CITIZENS IN THE PHILIPPINES.  PLEASE DISSEMINATE THIS MESSAGE TO ALL U.S. CITIZENS IN YOUR ORGANIZATION OR NEIGHBORHOOD.  THANK YOU.

The U.S. Embassy wishes to advise all U.S. citizens that the Department of State issued an updated Philippines Travel Warning on October 21, 2015.

The Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to the Philippines, in particular to the Sulu Archipelago, certain regions and cities of the island of Mindanao, and the southern Sulu Sea area.  This Travel Warning replaces the Travel Warning dated May 20, 2015, and reflects continuing threats in those areas due to terrorist and insurgent activities.

The full text of this message can be found on the Department of State website at http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/philippines-travel-warning.html. The message can also be accessed through the Embassy website at http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha008.html. U.S. citizens should closely monitor Travel Warnings and Alerts, as well as Country Specific Information, on the Department of State's travel website to be informed of the latest safety and security information for destination countries.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information. 

Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.  

Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 301-2000. 

Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays). 

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Cheers James.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

As pointed out James, yes and for as far back as I can remember it has been the same warnings by the british Government too.

When I first visited the PI in 2000, that warning was given after the death's of hostages in crossfire in Mindanao.

I have visited Mindanao a few times since, but always listen to the local's where is safe or not and that comes with family.

Events around the World always bring warnings so we must always consider the situation before travel......JB

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

i wish they would get their sh** together i have had 9 email messages from them saying the same crap on thursday ... and 5 again today .... and they were at staggered times sometimes less than 1/2 hour between .....            

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

They send this same warning out every month or so.

Not sure I'd risk living in that area.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I got that email about 15 times... they need a new IT guy ha ha   :tiphat:

• Like 1

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

I enjoy life here in the Surigao City area on the North side of the big island of Mindanao

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I enjoy life here in the Surigao City area on the North side of the big island of Mindanao

Be careful James.