That Time Again

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Yes folks once again British Summer time ends on Sunday.

It means one hour less in bed for us Brit's still in Uk!

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/clocks-change-2015-clocks-back-105521956.html#Dr8uwgL

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Given the clocks are going back one hour how do you end up with an hour less in bed? Unless you're staying up specially to change them back at the appointed time..........

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)

Its crazy to me , just leave a lone , all it brings is darker nights sooner,

Edited by stevewool

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
all it brings is darker nights sooner

You are going to miss those pleasant evenings when you move here.  One of the hardest things to get used to is that darkness falls at about 6pm all year, here.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

all it brings is darker nights sooner

You are going to miss those pleasant evenings when you move here.  One of the hardest things to get used to is that darkness falls at about 6pm all year, here.

So does that mean you go to bed early or is that a silly question

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
So does that mean you go to bed early or is that a silly question

The smart people, living on rice and fish in a hut in the province, go to bed at 7pm and get up at 5am.  Those of us who are spoiled, foolish expats just ignore the sun and use electric lights.  Thus we go to bed when we are tired, horny or just want to watch tv  :rolleyes:  We get up when we are no longer tired or horny and there is nothing on tv  :hystery:

It would not matter if they put the clocks ahead or back here.  Who would know?  No one seems to look at the time anyway.  :540:   BTW, fireworks tonight on the boulevard in Dumaguete but don't ask what time they are.  No one seems to know.  They will start them when they feel like it so anywhere from 8pm to midnight would be my best guess.

• Like 5

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Given the clocks are going back one hour how do you end up with an hour less in bed? Unless you're staying up specially to change them back at the appointed time..........

Absolutely, sorry my mistake, I really must add more tonic water..... :cheersty:

(But it will be darker of a morning) :unsure: now I'm really getting confused!

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Absolutely, sorry my mistake, I really must add more tonic water..... :cheersty:

(But it will be darker of a morning) :unsure: now I'm really getting confused!

always was a stupid idea !!