Beach City Combo

johny crossfit
Posted
Posted

Would u say mactan is the best combo for lications to the beach life and city?

Sent from my LG-F240L using Tapatalk

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Its a toss-up between Mactan and going North or South from Metro Cebu.

It usually takes an hour or two to get to and from the beaches of Mactan to the night life of Cebu due to horrid traffic congestion.  The same can be said of places like Compostella to the north of Cebu.  Its pretty much personal choice which is best for you.  I would stay in a hotel close to wherever I plan to spend the majority of my time.  Example:  If I want a resort vacation with a nice beach and within a couple hours of downtown Cebu then I would stay in Mactan.  If I want shopping and/or nightlife with an occasional trip to the beach I would stay in Cebu City.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
putidako
Posted
Posted

The big problem with beaches and cities in the Philippines is that once they they get over a certain size, the water around them gets foul and unpleasant to say the least. While this is especially true with Cebu city, it is true of other cities too. Bacolod. Cdo. Even Iligan, which is not all that big at 300,000 has a bit of an 'exclusion zone' of perhaps 20km East and West of center before the water gets clean. The Cebu 'exclusion zone' is much bigger than that. Not until you get to about Catmon in the north and Dalaguete/Alcoy in the South does the water get clean. Of course there's beaches in the north of Cebu at Liloan, Compostela and Danao, and they can get packed with Filipinos on weekends and holidays but the water is not clean at all. Better than Mactan. But still by no means pristine. To the south Argao is often tagged as a beach place but the water is none too clean thére either. I have swum in all of those places. And I would swim there again. But it is not the really good experience that swimming in the sea well away from large cities is.