Wells Fargo

tom_shor
Posted
Posted (edited)
It would be a shame if you were to shut down the forum. I have got lots of great information here and enjoy reading posts from the members here, especially from you, Mr. Lee, M. Morley and Mike S. You all have lots of great info on Cebu and the Philippines, and although you don't always have the same opinion on things you don't attack each other's point of view. I think that's one of the things that makes this forum great, is that everyone seems to get along despite their differences. I try to contribute when I can, but only having one trip to Cebu thus far my knowledge is fairly limited. However hopefully with each visit I'll gain more experience and hopefully be able to contribute more. I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can in March, it sounds like there will be quite a few of us there at the same time. First rounds on me.
Vol, thank you for the kind words. I often see a lot of people on reading but for some reason they do not always post replies to questions and I wonder if maybe they think that their information is not important. As Tom said, everyones information can be important and everyones experiences can be used as a learning tool for the rest of us. As many of the members probably know, I have been on forums for a while now and I myself used to always read and hardly ever joined in because I felt that what I had to say was probably less important than the people who live in the Philippines full time, but then I realized that my experiences going back and forth and being able to see the changes over the years was also important because the guys who live in the Philippines full time may not be able to see those gradual changes....... Just the other day I learned on another forum that Wells Fargo bank in the US is connected to BPI bank in the Philippines and that money transfers from Wells Fargo to BPI were said to be free. I have not tried it yet but since Wells Fargo recently took over the bank I regularly use, that information was important to me and I never would have found it out had that member not mentioned it casually in one post. Guys and girls, you all have important things to say, from why you are interested in the Philippines to things that you have found out related to the Philippines and now Tom has even put in a world events thread that people can post things that they think might be of interest to other members from other countries. Join in and help others, and isn't that what forums are really about, as Traveler mentioned, give and take, read and learn and give back by posting things you learned so other members can also learn.I would also like to say that I see a lot of guests reading everyday, if some of the guests who are reading find interesting things to read, feel free to join and introduce yourselves and tell us what we are doing right and what we may be doing wrong that would make you read but not join in. Life is all about give and take and where else in life can you help so many people just by posting things you know and have learned that others may not know.
I have their older style of remittance account. (Wells Fargo) You deposit your money in the US the fee is $9 no matter how much or how little. In the Philippines if they withdraw from an ATM in one of their member networks there is no charge no matter how many withdrawals they make. They give a pretty good exchange rate too. The new one that you are talking about if I understand correctly you deposit your funds in the US and they are transfered the the linked Bank account in the Philippines. I think there is a fee I am not sure how much but it is much less than a bank to bank transfer. You can find more details on their website. It does seem to be a good way to transfer funds. Edited by Boss Man
Split topic to allow for banking topic

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I have their older style of remittance account. (Wells Fargo) You deposit your money in the US the fee is $9 no matter how much or how little. In the Philippines if they withdraw from an ATM in one of their member networks there is no charge no matter how many withdrawals they make. They give a pretty good exchange rate too. The new one that you are talking about if I understand correctly you deposit your funds in the US and they are transfered the the linked Bank account in the Philippines. I think there is a fee I am not sure how much but it is much less than a bank to bank transfer. You can find more details on their website. It does seem to be a good way to transfer funds.
Thank you Tom, I went to their web site and it seems that transfers may be free but I am not sure. Yes, I was talking about transferring money from our Wells Fargo account to our BPI account in the Philippines and if it is free then that is great and if it is just a few dollars no matter the amount then that is still great. I have used Citibank US to transfer money via my US ATM and while on-line but they only allow $2000 at a time and charge $8 each time and while that is not too large of a fee, it does me no good should we need a larger amount while we are in the Philippines and need it quickly. Besides I am cheap and need to save as much money as possible now that I am retired. :thumbsup: I am always looking for new ways to transfer money for myself and for others who spend long times within the Philippines and also for those who want to buy land, condos or homes while they are in the Philippines and need to transfer the money quickly, so if anyone else knows any inexpensive idea, please share them with us.

minnesota johnny
Posted
Posted
It would be a shame if you were to shut down the forum. I have got lots of great information here and enjoy reading posts from the members here, especially from you, Mr. Lee, M. Morley and Mike S. You all have lots of great info on Cebu and the Philippines, and although you don't always have the same opinion on things you don't attack each other's point of view. I think that's one of the things that makes this forum great, is that everyone seems to get along despite their differences. I try to contribute when I can, but only having one trip to Cebu thus far my knowledge is fairly limited. However hopefully with each visit I'll gain more experience and hopefully be able to contribute more. I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can in March, it sounds like there will be quite a few of us there at the same time. First rounds on me.
Vol, thank you for the kind words. I often see a lot of people on reading but for some reason they do not always post replies to questions and I wonder if maybe they think that their information is not important. As Tom said, everyones information can be important and everyones experiences can be used as a learning tool for the rest of us. As many of the members probably know, I have been on forums for a while now and I myself used to always read and hardly ever joined in because I felt that what I had to say was probably less important than the people who live in the Philippines full time, but then I realized that my experiences going back and forth and being able to see the changes over the years was also important because the guys who live in the Philippines full time may not be able to see those gradual changes....... Just the other day I learned on another forum that Wells Fargo bank in the US is connected to BPI bank in the Philippines and that money transfers from Wells Fargo to BPI were said to be free. I have not tried it yet but since Wells Fargo recently took over the bank I regularly use, that information was important to me and I never would have found it out had that member not mentioned it casually in one post. Guys and girls, you all have important things to say, from why you are interested in the Philippines to things that you have found out related to the Philippines and now Tom has even put in a world events thread that people can post things that they think might be of interest to other members from other countries. Join in and help others, and isn't that what forums are really about, as Traveler mentioned, give and take, read and learn and give back by posting things you learned so other members can also learn.I would also like to say that I see a lot of guests reading everyday, if some of the guests who are reading find interesting things to read, feel free to join and introduce yourselves and tell us what we are doing right and what we may be doing wrong that would make you read but not join in. Life is all about give and take and where else in life can you help so many people just by posting things you know and have learned that others may not know.
I have their older style of remittance account. (Wells Fargo) You deposit your money in the US the fee is $9 no matter how much or how little. In the Philippines if they withdraw from an ATM in one of their member networks there is no charge no matter how many withdrawals they make. They give a pretty good exchange rate too. The new one that you are talking about if I understand correctly you deposit your funds in the US and they are transfered the the linked Bank account in the Philippines. I think there is a fee I am not sure how much but it is much less than a bank to bank transfer. You can find more details on their website. It does seem to be a good way to transfer funds.
THis is Minnesota johnny and about the Wells Fargo acc. the new one you have to have a checking acc. and then you fill out a form with who you are sending the money to. They have to bring there i.d. . When you deposit the money into your checking acc. the bank will giveyou a set of numbers. Then give those numbers to who you are sending the money to and they have to give those numbers and i.d. to the bank teller in the philippines and presto, they get the money. It works very well. Any questions just ask me ok Johnny Its free if you have a checking acc.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
THis is Minnesota johnny and about the Wells Fargo acc. the new one you have to have a checking acc. and then you fill out a form with who you are sending the money to. They have to bring there i.d. . When you deposit the money into your checking acc. the bank will giveyou a set of numbers. Then give those numbers to who you are sending the money to and they have to give those numbers and i.d. to the bank teller in the philippines and presto, they get the money. It works very well. Any questions just ask me ok Johnny Its free if you have a checking acc.
Free, that is my favorite word. SugarwareZ-005.gif Thank you Johnny, don't be a stranger and feel free to post some of your experiences in the Philippines since I know for a fact that you have had many my friend. :thumbsup:

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

I thought the one I read about actually deposited it into another account in the Philippines. Either way you can't beat free. Like I said the one I am using is the old style so I am not completly up on the newer type of account.