Mobile Phone Virus You Cannot Get Rid Of So Be Careful

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

New Android Virus ‘Cannot Be Removed From Your Phone’ If you catch it, you basically have to buy a new one 

Security researchers have found a new, hi-tech Android Trojan which CANNOT be removed from phones once infected.

Basically, if you are infected, you will have to buy a new device.

The good news is that - as unwanted software goes - it’s not the worst out there: it’s a ‘malicious adware’ programme, which fills your phone with unwanted adverts.

It was found by researchers from San Francisco-based security firm Lookout - and is usually downloaded as part of ‘fake’ apps which masquerade as popular ones such as Okta, Facebook, Twitter, WhatApp, and NYTimes.

The adware enters the system directory - something the user is unable to access - and cannot be removed, according to SC Magazine.

There are three ‘families’ of adware which function in a similar way - Shuanet, Shedun, and ShiftyBug.

Michael Bentley of Lookout said that the apps are typically found as downloads outside Google’s official store - and that once downloaded, users are ‘very likely going to need to replace their phone.’

To avoid infection, users should disable installation of apps from unofficial sources, and only download from within Google’s Play Store.

• Like 2

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the heads up. I guess its not just phones that are at risk, but any Android powered device, such as tablets as well.

Ken

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks for this great information! I'll share this with our family in Cebu!

I edited your post because it has links and was connected back to Yahoo. In cases like this the forum owner requests we use the OPTIONS tool found on the far right of your topic tool board. 

Copy whatever it is you wish to post.

Open a topic here.

Then FIRST......

Select; OPTIONS

Check the box for; Paste as plain text by default

Then paste to the topic.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
There are three ‘families’ of adware which function in a similar way - Shuanet, Shedun, and ShiftyBug.
Do they get PAY through show Google adds or what?

Odd such payouts aren't STOPED BEFORE such VIRUS shame-wear get any money...

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I am pretty sure I will be ok, as my phone is used for making, receiving calls and txt, very little else happens in its world, because the user is a techno retard.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Thanks for this great information! I'll share this with our family in Cebu!

I edited your post because it has links and was connected back to Yahoo. In cases like this the forum owner requests we use the OPTIONS tool found on the far right of your topic tool board. 

Copy whatever it is you wish to post.

Open a topic here.

Then FIRST......

Select; OPTIONS

Check the box for; Paste as plain text by default

Then paste to the topic.

Ok Old DH told me that also but I was told to post links as well.

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I haven't heard of this virus but I bet one could remove it by rooting and installing a new rom and kernel. Ofcourse this can only be done on phones that have an unlocked bootloader.

A wipe would probably do it too.