Exit Visa And Balikbayan Even Returning

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

The last time I went for my visa extension I got an extra paper that says I'm not on any blacklists, etc. This is not the firm I need to leave the country? Right?

Can I get the ecc in Batangas city at the immigration office there or will I have to go to Manila?

In terms of the BALIKBAYAN privilege for when I come back can I do this alone without my wife?

I read that you used to have to be with your wife but now it's chafed and you can get it alone with your marriage certificate. Is this true?

Thanks all!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Can I get the ecc in Batangas city at the immigration office there or will I have to go to Manila?

Persons with a BB stamp do not need an ECC ( Unless you Extended.)

In terms of the BALIKBAYAN privilege for when I come back can I do this alone without my wife?

You may only get a BB stamp on Arrival with your Wife, However I believe you can Leave and return on your own Within that BB year if still in Force.

Jack  :unsure:

Just checking :)

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks,

No, I do not have the bb stamp yet so I'll need the ecc.

I will not be able to get it upon returning I guess because I'll be returning alone. I'm headed back to the USA this month alone for a few weeks.

Edited by Richieboy67

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Says any office here, http://www.immigration.gov.ph/component/content/article/109-april2015-pr/772-foreign-nationals-should-secure-ecc-before-leaving-bi

I read that you used to have to be with your wife but now it's chafed and you can get it alone with your marriage certificate. Is this true?

Are you listening to fairy tales again.  :no:

. Can a foreigner spouse or child of a Balikbayan avail this privilege when traveling to the Philippines alone?

A foreign national spouse and/or child of a Balikbayan may only be given the said privilege if he/she is traveling with his/her Balikbayan spouse or parent.
  • Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Omg this slider keyboard messes me every time. So sorry sorry all of my spelling errors. I will try harder to check my spelling.

I did edit the thread title.. It is supposed to say "when" not "even".

Thanks jgg. I actually saw that but I'm reluctant to take a trip out there twice just to find out they want me to go to a main office instead.

Thanks