New Kid On The Block

Trepanist
Posted
Posted

Hi all. I am considering moving to Cebu and am wondering where I can find an affordable, safe apartment. I'm not sure what the market rate is for a small, single occupant dwelling, but I found a condo for $700/mo. USD for a 500 sq. ft. place. This seems kind of high, but I have no idea. My stay will depend on what kind of visa I can get, thinking 1-3 mo. to indefinitely.

Any insight is appreciated!

Mark

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I think you will find that is very expensive by Philippine standards.  I assume you are browsing the internet and I would urge you to take your time.  When it is time for you to make the move, seek some temporary accommodation and hit the pavements and start looking for a suitable condo.  I am sure you will find something far more reasonable.

Good luck.and welcome to the forum.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted (edited)
but I found a condo for $700/mo. USD

Welcome Trep, great question.

I think you find anything you see advertised on line is designed for guys just like you :thumbsup: . Folks that have never been to the Philippines, folks that have more money than common sense or experience or rich Filipinos coming home for a visit.

There are several topics here about the different types of accommodations available for short medium and long stays. What seems to have worked well for members in the past is to stay a day or two in a hotel in your area of instrest, spend the extra money for a good nights sleep a sense of safety while you get used to the area a bit.

Welcome aboard :cheersty:

Edited by scott h
  • Like 5

Trepanist
Posted
Posted

but I found a condo for $700/mo. USD

Welcome Trep, great question.

I think you find anything you see advertised on line is designed for guys just like you :thumbsup: . Folks that have never been to the Philippines, folks that have more money than common sense or experience or rich Filipinos coming home for a visit.

There are several topics here about the different types of accommodations available for short medium and long stays. What seems to have worked well for members in the past is to stay a day or two in a hotel in your area of instrest, spend the extra money for a good nights sleep a sense of safety while you get used to the area a bit.

Welcome aboard :cheersty:

Great advice, thank you!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

post-2148-0-84344700-1447117883.jpg

Jack :)

Morning All  :morning1:

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Greetings, fellow Texan!  Good advice already given, and yes, the prices for condos online are very inflated.   But more importantly, you really want to check out the area before renting or buying.  Ending up with bad neighbors can make a guy want to drill a hole in his head.  As was said, best to just come and stay in a hotel for a while and build up from there.  Good luck to ya   :thumbsup:       

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum. All good advice on here, I recommend you heed it. Good luck!

• Like 2