How Safe Are You

stevewool
Posted
Posted

With what is happening around the world in these last few years, home does not feel safe anymore,

Now many of you folks have found a new place to call home, so do you feel safer where you live now,

Yes terrorism can strike anywhere at anytime too, but being so far from Europe and the middle east do you think you are in a safer place now 

• Like 3

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted (edited)

I feel there is also a fundamental misunderstanding of the minds of these terrorists. We, who lived in liberal democracies, don't understand the authoritarian rule that many of these terrorists were molded by. We, in the USA, made the same mistake in Viet Nam:

"...inside of every xxxx, there is an American, trying to get out!"

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
derrogatory term removed
  • Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
do you think you are in a safer place now 

MILF, BIFF, AbuSayaf, NPA, to the south.  Spratleys with Chinese occupation to the north. The local area has armed security guards who routinely get shot by criminals.  But funny enough, I feel as safe here as anywhere else I may want to be. sh&t happens.  Cross your fingers and keep a low profile.

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I feel safer here than I felt the last time I visited the UK and that was 4 years ago that I went there.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Whilst I have no safety fears here in Pattaya, I livea quiet life, Walking Street etc are not on my places to see list. 

I have never felt unsafe in my own country in the past, but would not think of walking around Bankstown (Sydney) areas of a night 

as it would lead to certain problems with young middle eastern background types.

My fears here are the military junta and their ever increasing like for control.

My thoughts and dismay is with the French people.  But they will rest peacefully knowing that the UN response was to'deplore' the attacks as they always do - and nothing else, what a joke they are!

When will it be time for Western world to say enough?  We just cannot go on allowing this carnage to go unchallenged!

• Like 4