Will I Need A Current Acr Card For My 3 Year Exit/return Trip?

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

In Feb I will have been in PI for 3 years on a tourist visa. Been paying my extension and fees on time.

However my ACR card expired 4.30.14.

In every extension trip I have made since then I have asked them to search my card and contact manila for a new one

I still dont have one.

Went into BI last week for a 2 month extension and they wanted to to pay again for a new card but after arguing (discussing politely) that I have yet to receive one they waived the fee.

They told me I would need the card to exit/reenter in Feb (I will just fly to Singapore for a few days and return).

They also told me (again) they would contact Manila and for me to check back in 4 weeks.

I am not holding out a lot of hope I will get a card before I leave in feb.

Are the airlines or immigration going to ask to see my card?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Went into BI last week for a 2 month extension and they wanted to to pay again for a new card but after arguing (discussing politely) that I have yet to receive one they waived the fee.

Which office?  Dumaguete always makes me renew my ACR card when it expires but Cebu never used to.  Each office follows their own interpretation of the rules, in my experience.

Are the airlines or immigration going to ask to see my card?

They have never, ever asked me for it and I have left and re-entered on an expired ACR in the past.  You may need it to get the ECC though?  In Cebu, in the past, they allowed me to get an ECC with an expired ACR card or even a note in my passport (that they put there) to say I paid for it at some time in the past.  But again, the office you get your ECC from may have a different interpretation of the rules.

In summary, I would go get my ECC and see what happens.  Once you have an ECC in hand then just go to the airport.  If you are lucky you will get a guard that does not make you pay the travel tax but sometimes they make you go pay it if you are a tourist that is here for longer than a year.  Try playing dumb and you may get away without paying that.  Its about 1620 pesos.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

A few days to late but did you check to see if your name was mentioned here, http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/Annoucements/unclaimed.pdf. Might just show where your card once was for curiosity purposes. 

• Like 2

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

Davao City. They want me to renew, but for my then 1.5 years they have not been able to receive my card - it never gets sent from Manila.

My concern is having a current card to present to the airlines when I exit Philippines for my required 36 month exit

OR

to present to customs/immigration when I return a few days later

gusincebu
Posted
Posted

Never had a problem getting my ACR carrd from Cebu BI,s , just pick it up after a month or two ..

Have never been asked for one at airport etc .. BUT , you will be asked for one when you apply for your EEC and they will also check to see if you have done your Alien Registration.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

they will also check to see if you have done your Alien Registration.

Hmmmmmmmm if you haven't and you have been here over 6 months I think you may be in for a fine or two. :unsure:

Jack :)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

A quick update to the last Post I made. something I feel all should address if you are here on 9 a Visas and not done your ARP.

The cost of noncompliance
Not only can the ARP present challenges for foreign nationals in regard to travel, there are penalties for those who do not register. Commissioner Siegref B. Mison said the fine for not registering by the deadline is 2,000 Philippine pesos (about $45) per month.
Although the deadline isn't until September 2015, travelers should be aware that they cannot obtain an ECC now if they don't have a valid SSRN. The number is included on all new ACR I-cards, and registered aliens who already have a valid card will have to pay a re-issuance fee.

Just a Heads up Guys and Gals.

http://www.paragongeoimmigration.com/immigration-news/index.php/philippines-alien-registration-program-presents-new-requirements-foreign-nationals/

Jack :)