Guard-Shoots-Coworkers-Who-Accused-Him-Of-Theft

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Fed up with his coworkers’ accusations, a security guard went on a shooting rampage Thursday inside their office in Sta. Cruz, Manila, leaving one dead and two others wounded before turning the gun on himself.
The night before, Fernando Cano had a few drinks with his brother-in-law Ronel Monares and told his only child, a four-year-old son, to “take care of your mother for me.”
Then for some reason Cano started singing: “In heaven there is no beer…”

Chief Insp. John Guiagui, the onsite negotiator, said that Cano—a guard who had been working for 17 years at Chain Glass Enterprise on Rizal Avenue near Pampanga Street—specifically targeted the three people who had accused him of being behind the disappearance last month of P1 million in cash from the office.
Around noon on Thursday, investigators from the Manila Police District (MPD) went to the company to give the owner a copy of their initial report on the theft. According to Chief Insp. Alexander Rodrigo of the MPD theft and robbery unit, all employees were considered suspects since they have yet to pinpoint the perpetrator.
Manager first to be shot
At 12:30 p.m., shortly after the police left, Cano shot marketing manager Ricardo Mezina in the head as the latter was smoking a cigarette outside the office.
The suspect then walked toward Mark Salas and shot him before going after a third coworker who hid inside the toilet, said Supt. Jackson Tuliao, MPD Station 3 chief.
But another coworker, Melanie Alejandro, ended up being hit in the shoulder by a stray bullet. All of the victims were rushed to the Chinese General Hospital, where Mezina was pronounced dead.
Witnesses said that every time Cano fired his gun, he would scream: “I’m innocent!”

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/742834/guard-shoots-coworkers-who-accused-him-of-theft

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

". . . that's why we drink it here." :cheers:   Wow, the next time I hear that song, maybe I will be heading for cover.  :6:  

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Well, that's one way to save face -- kill yourself?  

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

If there is no beer, I'm not going!

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

If there is no beer, I'm not going!

They have home brew kits so calm down.

• Like 3

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

These stories happen all the time in the USA.

Maybe there is no beer in heaven but I'm sure they're is a little heaven in beer.

• Like 1

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

Seriously, this like an Italian soap opera! The only difference: not everybody died.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Another sad example, you never ever want to be the one to cause a Filipino to lose face.

Likely we will never learn the truth. Was he drunk? Said he had "a few beers the night before" the murders started early afternoon the next day. Clearly premeditated. 

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Another sad example, you never ever want to be the one to cause a Filipino to lose face.

Likely we will never learn the truth. Was he drunk? Said he had "a few beers the night before" the murders started early afternoon the next day. Clearly premeditated. 

That is very true, even when my guys come over from Australia to do some time on-road with the Cebu paramedics, I always warn them about this. My guys take everything really personal, you really have to know how to approach them for them not to lose face.

• Like 4