What Do You Guys & Girls Say About This?

Travis
Posted
Posted

:wt-hell: I am totally shocked an alarming rise in the number of abuses committed by Filipinas on their husbands or fiances or live-in partners who are foreigners.These shameless Filipinas are spoiling not only the investment climate of our country but also soiling the reputation of many Filipinas who are true, honest, sincere and caring as wives. These shameless Filipinas and the lawyers who are in cahoots with these women, and the policemen who help perpetuate the abuses, are greedy liars who are only after the money of the foreigners but who all completely disregard the long-term effects of these abuses.I am referring to the false charges of violence against women that these Filipinas fraudulently charge their foreigners spouses or partners with. Violence against women and their minor children are the acts punished by RA 9262, which law took effect in 2004.Violence against women take the form of physical violence, emotional, psychological violence and even economic violence for failure to support a minor child or wife or abandonment of children and the family.RA 9262 surely is a very good law. It protects the helpless wife or woman-partner from the violent acts of the husband. It gives more teeth to the force of law. It provides immediate relief from spousal abuse for the victims. It also provides for the relief called a Temporary Protection Order, which could later ripen into a Permanent Protection Order, whereby the abusive husband is prohibited from getting physically near the wife for at least one hundred meters or even a kilometer and prevents the husband from calling, texting, stalking, harassing and intimidating the woman. Indeed, it is a very good law.However, in the recent months, the good law has been turned into a very bad law wherein women used the law to acquire millions worth of property from their good husbands who are foreigners. The husbands are left out in the streets as they cannot go home now because TPOs have been issued by the courts without hearings.Or even worse, the foreigner-husbands were arrested without warrants in the middle of the night, picked up from their homes while they were asleep or having dinner or just watching a home movie. They don

johnb
Posted
Posted

Its hard to know what to say, I guess all laws can be manipulated, It

Travis
Posted
Posted

is it that unsafe here? either loose a house or get killed maybe best to stay single

johnb
Posted
Posted

Hi Traveler, Sorry I wasn't saying that, what I meant was if a foreigner and his partner are heading down the rocky road of separation, that is when such laws are manipulated. in other cases partners could choose to take a more violent path......these are the minority. I'm sure other couple also manage to separate amicably.We only read in the newspapers of the bad examples, no ones going to provide figures for all the happily married couples all over this country and abroad, as is always the case choose your partner carefully, "Marry in Haste, repent in leisure"John

Travis
Posted
Posted

thanks I did not want to end up like this

post-310-1251158757_thumb.jpg

TheMason
Posted
Posted

I have to disagree with your statement that RA 9262 is a good law. I think it's one of the worst laws I've ever seen. It states that if a woman feels threatened by her husband, that domestic violence has occured. You do not need to strike your wife or physically abuse her, she just needs to FEEL threatened, and you are guilty of a crime. As a foreigner who is significantly bigger than my wife, I could raise my voice in anger, scare her, and be jailed/deported for it.I'm pretty sure the Philippines already has laws that make physically assaulting another person a crime. If those other laws were enforced, there would be no need for RA 9262. And if those laws are not enforced, why will RA 9262 be any different?Anyway, the existence of RA 9262 and the laws on property ownership are the reason I will not set down permanent roots in the Philippines. I will never own property in a country where it is so easy for someone to take it away from me. If something goes wrong with my marriage, I don't want to have financial ties to this country. I would rather fight over community property in the US where I have a shot at keeping 50% or more of my assets.

Mik
Posted
Posted

Maybe it's better to live alone."Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then."- Katharine Hepburn

Travis
Posted
Posted
Hi Traveler, Sorry I wasn't saying that, what I meant was if a foreigner and his partner are heading down the rocky road of separation, that is when such laws are manipulated. in other cases partners could choose to take a more violent path......these are the minority. I'm sure other couple also manage to separate amicably.We only read in the newspapers of the bad examples, no ones going to provide figures for all the happily married couples all over this country and abroad, as is always the case choose your partner carefully, "Marry in Haste, repent in leisure"John
thank you John I understood & I like to read both sides and not just the sugar coated side some portray on some other sites on the internet