How Dark It Gets ( Early)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure:  I am sure it can't be just me  :hystery:  But I have just had to turn the light on in my study and TM (The Daughter) has remarked and turned the sala Low lights on as well. It is Starting to get Dark here in Dumaguete ( Junob) and it is 3.20 pm as I write this. Now Our House sits in about 500 Sq mtrs and Only 4 Trees now, Even the trees around have been Cropped for the New Electric Supply Lines so it is not as if we are over Shaded. I hadn't really noticed it before but when she ™ asked DAD, can I put some lights on, I realized that it was getting Quite Dark. Although the Sun is going Down some it is still quite sunny, but not casting shadows. We have no real Cloud so I just wonder Why is this?...... Anyone? On the Other Hand, we have Daylight about 4.15/4.30 am so I guess it is swings and roundabouts EH? Or am I in the Witching Zone of Dumaguete  :dance:

Jack :thumbsup:

chris49
Posted
Posted

I was out at first light this morning Jack. About 5 30....5 40 AM for reasonable visability.

Same time about 5 30 PM, will be flicking the lights on. We are 1000 km north of you? We still have plenty of trees, but have not noticed at all what you mentioned.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I was out at first light this morning Jack. About 5 30....5 40 AM for reasonable visability.

Same time about 5 30 PM, will be flicking the lights on. We are 1000 km north of you? We still have plenty of trees, but have not noticed at all what you mentioned.

Well your on and Off times seem to coincide a little for a time Difference  ( if you get my meaning) but we are really getting a Different Weather even to other Parts of the Area. Very Strange but I guess that's life here. weird happenings. HEY! maybe this is related to our Banana shortage  :hystery: They are getting Bad daylight.

Jack :mocking:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Still light here it usually gets dark 530-6pm

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Oh it is still quite light outside but so Gloomy dark inside, ™ has taken to her Bedroom to finish here assignment. i will get to the bottom of this as it has me Baffled. post-2148-0-80853800-1449303685.gif

Jack :)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Oh it is still quite light outside but so Gloomy dark inside, ™ has taken to her Bedroom to finish here assignment. i will get to the bottom of this as it has me Baffled. attachicon.gifScratch head.gif

:hystery:  :hystery:  OK, OK, Now you can all have a laugh at Jack. Out of Mouths comes the truth once again. She appeared at the Study Door as asked,

DAD! she said, Why did you and Mum decide to have Smoke Glass WIndows?  post-2148-0-27346000-1449304674_thumb.jp post-2148-0-58927000-1449304697_thumb.jp 

Jack :no:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Oh it is still quite light outside but so Gloomy dark inside, ™ has taken to her Bedroom to finish here assignment. i will get to the bottom of this as it has me Baffled. attachicon.gifScratch head.gif

:hystery:  :hystery:  OK, OK, Now you can all have a laugh at Jack. Out of Mouths comes the truth once again. She appeared at the Study Door as asked,

DAD! she said, Why did you and Mum decide to have Smoke Glass WIndows?  attachicon.gifhomer-doh.jpg attachicon.gifembarrased man.jpg

Jack :no:

UMM speechless well done TM 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have noticed that the sun is lower in the sky this time of year.  It means the front yard of my house is shadedin the afternoon whereas, in the summer, it gets no shade whatsoever.  This means cooler and that is good.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Funny you should mention how dark it gets, here in good old England its starting to get dark around that time too, 3.30pm, ok the whole day may be dank and dismal too, but hey come the 22nd of this month the shortest day,

It gets lighter from then :thumbsup:

• Like 1