My Bride Returns......

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

There have OFWs for many years so yes I think they are more used to it than we are. Chin up mate she will be back soon.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Today my little wife returns from the Philippines.

So full of cold/ flu I am trying to tidy the house before she arrives.

We have been married 14yrs now and apart from this last 12 months have always been together

in everything. Sadly there was a few misfortunes in the family that took her off home for a visit.

But this time away, has been for me, the lonliest time I have experience.

So is this the rantings of a sentimental old fool or a lonley old man?

Do you think that Filipina's cope better in a relationship ,that separates spouses at times?

OSW's who spend months, even years away from family, seem to adjust to their conditions much

more easily.

I am aware the Male OSW's can usually find company if they go looking for it, but that's not the type of relationship I am talking about.

Maybe my day is about to brighten up........ :tiphat: JB

So is this the rantings of a sentimental old fool or a lonely old man?

Hello Kuya,

Neither.......I've read your posts for the last few months and most of them are very thoughtful, even inspirational.  But I do empathize with you.  Twelve months of zero physical contact, even a simple embrace can and will eat your heart out.  But your writings proved that you kept it under control.  

But miracles do happen, especially this time of year.  In the coldest UK blizzard, a joyful reunion with a bottle of wine next to a warm and romantic fireplace.  We will understand that you will be signing off for awhile.  

By the way, are you and Andrew (Methersgate) in a race to see who gets pregnant first?  

Respectfully -- kuya Jake 

• Like 4

chris49
Posted
Posted
Do you think that Filipina's cope better in a relationship ,that separates spouses at times?

In that their family unit is stronger than ours, yes.

I am facing some time away which I don't look forward too. And yes, I think Gina will cope well, but I will miss her more. Not sure on the longer haul, but she does everything for me, so it's hard to think about.

Good for you Kuya John, a year is a long time. What advice can you give back to us?

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)
Jake, Methersgate (Andrew is on his second honeymoon, my money is on him)

No way - K emphatically does not want another and neither do I. What she wants is a college education and  a career. She had to drop out of college to earn a living at 21 and she wants to get back there.  She, as so often happens, found herself pregnant by the first man to have his wicked way with her. She combined work and motherhood as best she was able by working with her sister in a talent management business, but she wants to get back to college and then to take up a real career. In this, she has my entire support. 

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

My wife Ludycita has travelled by home three times in the last 12 months, not separated for 12 months

Slight difference. Emergency reasons.

I still dread time away, and I think with the children to consider she can't go with me. And I'm putting it off as much as possible.

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

Jake, Methersgate (Andrew is on his second honeymoon, my money is on him)

No way - K emphatically does not want another and neither do I. What she wants is a college education and  a career. She had to drop out of college to earn a living at 21 and she wants to get back there.  She, as so often happens, found herself pregnant by the first man to have his wicked way with her. She combined work and motherhood as best she was able by working with her sister in a talent management business, but she wants to get back to college and then to take up a real career. In this, she has my entire support. 

I'd happily support a woman's decision to be able to support me! :dance:

• Like 3