Today's New Game (Kids Not At School This Pm Again)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure:  So I did Lunch for me and the Gardner, Fed the Mutts,  had a quick nap then decided Europe was awake for my mail.

Settling down to read incoming stuff and deciding which UK Government Department I could offend :mocking:  this Afternoon "POW" off went the Electric Blast I thought, a brownout.  Quick Phone call to the Wife, babe can you give Supply a bell we got no power, Ring you back she says. 10/15 mins later No problem Honey this end. Send the Gardner to our meter and he catches 3 lads 10/11 or there about, running up the Road laughing their tiny heads off. Checks the Meter and low and behold the Circuit break is off and the lid raised. Seems that when he spoke to a couple of neighbours they told him. they Turned us off too.

Little Sods I thought.  I was kid once but I honestly don't Remember ever doing such a thing like this.

Caught up with one of them a little later, who shrugged his shoulders and said, just wanted to see what the switch was for.

Left it with the Local Watchman as they turned him off too.

Not exactly a big Crime but if I had lost my work I was doing I think I would not be sat here telling you about this.

Problem is of course these Kids are not being taught silly things like this, can have big consiquences.

just saying

Jack :)

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I hear ya!

I have noticed many kids, in my walkings, who look at all the circuit breakers along the lane with a mischivous eye.  I wondered when one of them would 'pull' that.

I need to get a UPS for my Internet router so they don't knock me off a poker game in the middle of a bet  :hystery:

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

I thought that what the dogs were for, just position one near the meter box, the big scary one, with food and water of course and a nice big umbrella to keep cool. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

On second thought get a jack in box and put it inside the meter box, when they open it will scare the beejesus out of them :dance:

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I thought that what the dogs were for, just position one near the meter box, the big scary one, with food and water of course and a nice big umbrella to keep cool.

If only, Problem in the provinces are we are all on Pole Meters so the Nearest pole whist is right outside my daughters Bedroom so to speak is a 40 meter distance from the Front gate, in the road of course. However, Noreco II our supplier are coming tomorrow so we can discuss Putting the Breaker on the Inside of the Wall as against outside but they may say how can we turn it off in an Emergency Easy I will say just have a Quick Brown out just for me, seems I am getting them anyway.

My Electrician tells me it is and easy job and can be sorted  

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

On second thought get a jack in box and put it inside the meter box, when the open it will scare the beejesus out of them

I am Sleeping in NO meter Box Thank You very Much   photo-2148.gif?_r=1423036844

Jack :hystery:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Bright side, at least that have not learned of the paper bag full of dog poop soaked in gas, placed on your doorstep, set afire and doorbell rung................that was our favorite trick. home owner comes out, sees fire and attemps to stamp it out.

Now wonder I was forced to join the military young :hystery:

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

When we was all kids, brings back many happy memories, scrumping , door knocking springs to mind,

I wonder whose fault it would be if they got a shock from it

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

When we was all kids, brings back many happy memories, scrumping , door knocking springs to mind,

I wonder whose fault it would be if they got a shock from it

Mine of Course I am a Foreigner :hystery:  

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

The kids shut our water meter off once. My wife called the Baciwa who said that there was no outage so I checked the meter.

• Like 1