Class Room Shortage

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This is interestinghttp://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/25/world/as...5iht-phils.htmlThe only way for a country to improve in my opinion is education,its rather sad the the system is failing badly. :wt-hell:

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Even a number of years ago there was a High School in Manila that had three shifts of students. It was the largest High School in the country at that time. How bad would the problem be if all the children too poor to attend had the money to go?

Txguy
Posted
Posted

I saw where some enterprising people were making classrooms, offices and even homes out of used cargo shipping containers. Might be a viable buisness option for someone. I have even thought about it myself.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
I saw where some enterprising people were making classrooms, offices and even homes out of used cargo shipping containers. Might be a viable buisness option for someone. I have even thought about it myself.
The real problem isn't that they can't build enough classrooms it's that they don't have the money to build them. Education here is seriously underfunded. Quite common for several students to share one textbook. Libraries and resource materials? Forget about that. It is worst in the remote provincial areas. You see signs of it everywhere to some degree. Teachers are way underpaid.