Phil Health/hospital Questions For Cebu City

Ultravox
Posted
Posted

Hi..am brand new on here...my name is Alan. Visited Cebu City last year-loved it-and planning on moving there by summer 2016.

I apologize if the answers to my questions are somewhere on here...Am REALLY enjoying these forums by the way.

1. Regarding PhilHealth--what is the definition for Level 1 hospitals, Level 2 and so on. I can't find the definitions anywhere on the PhilHealth site.

2. Somewhere I see that Phil health covers more in "public" hospitals...are those the sometimes called "government " hospitals. In cebu City, which is the "public" hospital?? I heard cebu Doctors is good...Can someone with PhilHealth go to ANY hospital?

3. Is it always a case that upon discharge they subtract what Philhealth will cover?

Thank you!!! I know Ill have more questions.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Hi Alan, welcome to the forum. May I suggest you google "phil health benefits" that will take you to a page that describes the whole program and then ask any specific questions on anything your not clear on. Remember none of us here are experts, we can give you our impressions and understanding of the program which in some cases might be mistaken. On an important topic such as this, misunderstandings can be FATAL :thumbsup: .

What I find interesting is that your first post is not about cost of living, or rent or safety but about health care. Not to pry (to much) if I had some preexisting serious health issues I really don't know if the Philippines is the place to be. It is a standing joke that in most cases a heart attack is fatal, not because of the health care, but because the traffic is so bad a patient will be dead before reaching the emergency room.

Anyway, take a look at the Phil health benefit page and let us know if anything is not clear.

Again, Welcome :cheersty:

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I suggest to not worry about the details as PhilHealth is not expensive at 200p/month for individual (yourself) and 200p for a Filipino family(like wife and children), seniors are now free. You have to pay quarterly premiums and 3 months in advance of admission. It usually does not cover the full cost but it will make it easier to be admitted to a hospital of your choice. In addition, I suggest Blue Cross to cover most of the balance. Publc/government hospitals are not as good as private but less expensive. Stay away from Minglanilla Hospital in Cebu area. Visit someone in various hospitals to have a look around. That is enough to make you want to stay healthy and accident free.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum, good advice there by Scott.  Let us know on the forum how you go.