More Filipino Logic

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

A while back I got fed up that PLDT would call me on the landline that they obviously have the number of, with the sole purpose of trying to sell or advertise their products.  I told them I do not pay for a landline to give them a way to advertise to me and I insisted they take me off their call list.

Since that time they have not called me on my landline.

Now they call me on my cellphone to advertise to me  :cheersty:

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Yes Sir but you said we were not to call your landline.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

No Kow Jai (don't understand).  It is why we drink Dave, you should be thanking them.

• Like 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Our landline is ascribed to the house-slave so they always ask for her. Rarely is she around to speak to them :)

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Well we don't have caller ID like in the US but if it is not someone in my address book (which shows their name) - I do not answer it.  If I do not know them, then it is certainly not for me :tiphat:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I do not answer it.

I would agree with that but when the phones are near the bed and the call is in the morning I tend to shut it off the first time and answer the second time if they are persistent.  That is because they woke me from a pleasant dream and I want to know who did that and why.

In the past I left the ringers turned off.  The phone is for my convenience, not the convenience of people who want something from me.  But I have been getting lax in my dotage.

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I have a timer on my phone.  All sounds turn off at 2200 and don't turn back on until 0800.  Now I just wish my wife would do the same to hers...   :)

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

You could try telling them that your "money is out of stock".  :thumbsup:

Hello Mike J,

Nothing like humor to start my morning coffee with.  Feed it back to the local businesses or just locals, with in your face twist of logic and western sarcasm......he, he.

Triple LIKE Mike!