Globe Internet Problem

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Is anyone else have internet problems using Globe ..... can't connect with any of my computers J's or my two ..... sometimes if I copy and paste an address (like I did with this site) it will work but next time it won't just says server not found .... sometimes Windows connection says connection and next time it shows disconnected .... we took a hit last night and the power went out but came back on in about 15 mins ..... and when I got up this morning this is what I found .....

Disconnected both my Globe router and my Linksys router and plugged them back in .... as it is effecting all three computers I suspect either my Linksys or Globe connection ..... all 4 lights on my Globe router are lit so that leaves my Linksys ....

As this is only the 2nd time I've been able to get back to philippines-expats not sure just when I can get back here to read any replies ..... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

Edited by Mike S

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mine was down for a couple of hours Mike (metro manila) Came up about 5 pm. But it is still very slow. Called the globe hot line and was told that they are experiencing problems in the area, something probably got wet. 

edit: just ran a speed test normal down load is about 13-15, now 4.38 up load measly .45

Edited by scott h
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Yep problems here in Dalaguete also. I cant even do a speed test and I have had to change my browser just to load a webpage.I think the problem is that they sell more packages but do not update their system to allow for more usage.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

all better now :cheersty:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yup I'm back up and running also .... crazy thing is I could type in some IP addresses and get on line to that site only but next time I tried that it wouldn't work ....... couldn't even go and click on a link in history to open any sites ..... it was just so sporadic with everything ..... knew it wasn't any type of virus as it effected all the computers ..... thought it could have been the Linksys router but never heard of one acting that way .....

As no one else in the neighborhood has Globe so I was at a loss as to do next .....

Thanks for all the replies .... :merrychristmas: :28:

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Yup I'm back up and running also .... crazy thing is I could type in some IP addresses and get on line to that site only but next time I tried that it wouldn't work ....... couldn't even go and click on a link in history to open any sites ..... it was just so sporadic with everything ..... knew it wasn't any type of virus as it effected all the computers ..... thought it could have been the Linksys router but never heard of one acting that way .....

As no one else in the neighborhood has Globe so I was at a loss as to do next .....

Thanks for all the replies .... :merrychristmas: :28:

Mike, I have PLDT and since Teusday have been having problems opening all my usual sites, one that I always use early a.m. would open first click, I spent maybe 15 mins trying to get it to open, very strange. This morning it opened first click, maybe the whole system had a bug.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Can't say much for me as I am on Smart but seems the Whole of Dumaguete have been having a Problem up as far as Tanjay and out to Bayawan,

Yesterday it seems the whole Globe System was out. Certainly in Oriental.

I have had a few mails from friends and things seem a Little ( Well as Norm as they ever can be) Normal "HUH" did I say normal, Silly me :unsure:

Jack :)

Morning All :morning1:  

• Like 1