Nbi Clearance

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Welp, its that time. Have to renew my 13A Visa, and need a new NBI clearance. Was about to do the online form and noticed an NBI renewal category. As usually the instructions are about as clear as mud. If what I read is correct, you don't have to do an online form but just bring your old NBI clearance in and go from there.

Anyone have first line experience in this? :cheersty:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Yep!just get your Number, Wait your turn, pay your money, get the wet prints done, wait for the call for Photo and electronic prints then. "HIT" Go home and wait 3 weeks for the Clearance. Just done it  :unsure:

Jack :)

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Wondering why an old NBI clearance is all that's needed. Anything could have changed since the last one.  :89:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Wondering why an old NBI clearance is all that's needed. Anything could have changed since the last one.  :89:

They use it to check the Address, many move & never report it as we should to BI and NBI. So when a new Clearance is required it is the start of the Checking process and is usually why we Foreigners get HIT so much.

As with many things here the Authorities seem to like a continuous flow of things, like having all your pages of your Passport since a new arrival date Photocopied when going for an extension.

They like the paperwork, We used to get a new clearance based on the producing of the Old but since updating their data banks each has to be a new Application. So yes it seems pretty useless demanding to see the previous one but then, Just checking your Previous address.

Just my little bit. :rolleyes:

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Yep!just get your Number, Wait your turn, pay your money, get the wet prints done, wait for the call for Photo and electronic prints then. "HIT" Go home and wait 3 weeks for the Clearance. Just done it  :unsure:

Did they try and keep you Jack haha!!!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Did they try and keep you Jack haha!!!

Seems no matter what, it takes 3 weeks for a Foreigner( Any Foreigner to get a Clearance) they just shrug the shoulders and say that's how it is.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Welp, its that time. Have to renew my 13A Visa, and need a new NBI clearance. Was about to do the online form and noticed an NBI renewal category. As usually the instructions are about as clear as mud. If what I read is correct, you don't have to do an online form but just bring your old NBI clearance in and go from there.

Anyone have first line experience in this? :cheersty:

Scott .... first time I have heard about renewing a 13a visa ..... I know you have to renew your 13a permanent ACR I card (did that last year) but I thought once you got a 13a visa stamp in your passport it never needed to be renewed again ..... sure hope I'm right about that as I have never renewed my visa ...... :unsure: ... is your present 13a temporary or permanent ???????

:cheersty:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
is your present 13a temporary or permanent ???????

I got my 13A last February 2015. Right across the front, says probationary (or words to that effect) and had to be renewed in 12 months. But you know Mike, programs change here at the drop of a hat.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I got my 13A last February 2015. Right across the front, says probationary (or words to that effect) and had to be renewed in 12 months. But you know Mike, programs change here at the drop of a hat.

Scott yep as me, you have your probationary Residency Now you have to do it all again to make it Permanent.

BTW you are leaving this a little Late, make sure:

A. You pay your Reporting ASAP 

B. Ensure you make that Application to became permanent before the Expiry on your ACR card and the date in your Passport. You need 20 clear days matey.

If not they will take it off you as they did me 5 years ago.

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Phew ..... thank god ..... Scott for a minute I thought they had made another of those well know governmental changes we never hear about until they actually effect us ..... yea .... you have to go through the whole procedure again but this time you have an interview with a BI attorney who will ask you and your asawa a series of questions ..... in our interview he seemed very focused on my tatoos and kept asking her if they bothered her ..... apparently they bothered him more ..... :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty:

• Like 1