Saudi Child Bride Turned Back Over To 80-year-old Husband

Mik
Posted
Posted

Saudi Child Bride Turned Back Over to 80-Year-Old HusbandWednesday, August 26, 2009 A Saudi Arabian father forced his 10-year-old daughter to return to her 80-year-old husband Sunday, after she was found hiding at the home of her aunt for 10 days, Arab News reported...http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,543060,00.htmlWhat kind of perverted nation permits child marriage? Ten years old? I will never visit that place.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Saudi Child Bride Turned Back Over to 80-Year-Old HusbandWednesday, August 26, 2009 A Saudi Arabian father forced his 10-year-old daughter to return to her 80-year-old husband Sunday, after she was found hiding at the home of her aunt for 10 days, Arab News reported...http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,543060,00.htmlWhat kind of perverted nation permits child marriage? Ten years old? I will never visit that place.
In my mind that is disgusting and any country that would allow that has to have some pretty stupid and sick minded people making the laws. I know I would never visit that country but they do not need tourists so I suspect they could care less.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
In my mind that is disgusting and any country that would allow that has to have some pretty stupid and sick minded people making the laws. I know I would never visit that country but they do not need tourists so I suspect they could care less.
I believe I read some where that a marriage like this is not a sexual relationship until the Wife is of a certain age or reached puberty.Did the story say the man was 80 or so?Anyway no matter how wrong it is to us its no different than respecting cultural differences in the Philippines or any where else in the world,what is not right in our ways does not mean it is not right.It is how we are bought up to think and the same with them,it don't make us right or them wrong.I hope I wont be shot for my comments but my point is that it is a cultural difference. :lmao:

Travis
Posted
Posted
I believe I read some where that a marriage like this is not a sexual relationship until the Wife is of a certain age or reached puberty.Did the story say the man was 80 or so?Anyway no matter how wrong it is to us its no different than respecting cultural differences in the Philippines or any where else in the world,what is not right in our ways does not mean it is not right.It is how we are bought up to think and the same with them,it don't make us right or them wrong.I hope I wont be shot for my comments but my point is that it is a cultural difference. :wt-hell:
:lmao: :wt-hell: 1391.gif :wt-hell: :crack-up: :wt-hell: