Internet Options Quirino, Isabela Province.

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Hi All

Firstly I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year. I wish a peaceful and prosperous year ahead to you all.

On my next visit back (HOME) I am looking to set up our internet and TV systems. I can't drink San Mig all the time so need to have some normality!

I would love to hear any advice on what the best systems to get are. Please remember I am in the Province so i don't believe cable TV or Internet are options.

I am happy to buy a Satellite Internet system if it gives a good signal.

I also like to follow English Premier league football and Sky News etc for the TV package.

Would value any ideas, feedback, experience and information on the best systems and costs.

Thank you all in anticipation.

Paul

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Best advice is to ask neighbors where you want to live what internet service they use and how fast it is.

This is good advice because if you ask any company they will promise you the earth and rarely ( if ever) deliver it.

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

You might try getting info from, http://www.dish.com.ph/index.php or 

http://cignal.tv/Home.aspx

I think these are just TV providers. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Poor Internet is the hobgoblin of life in the province.  My condolences as I never found a satisfactory solution.

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Paul.

Globe Tattoo because you would load it once a month for 999 pesos and you buy the Globe Wi Fi device for about 1500. No contract and if you are not there you would not load it and no bills to pay. Service is average to below in peak hours and holidays and quite ok at other times.

PLDT has a partner service with Smart for internet and landline. My experience was negative, but don't mind hearing from others. The 2 year locked in contract was a major negative, and the free landline had many clauses written in.

I read that Fox Sports has lost the Premier League contract effective?? Not sure. Sky Cable, the best, is not available in your area,

Cignal Satellite might be the only service available in your area/ They have Fox Sports and ESPN.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 1