Laptop Border Searches To Continue

Mik
Posted
Posted

Laptop border searches to continueAugust 28, 2009 12:42 AM PDT Laptops and electronic gear can still be seized and held indefinitely; there's no requirement that they be returned to their owners after even six months or a year has passed, though supervisory approval is required if they're held for more than 15 days.http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10320116...tag=mncol;postsHow does seizing your electronic papers keep society safe? What happened to the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution?The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

I've had enough of this. Grab your musket I'll meet you in the town square. Seriously I am surprised the ACLU hasn't been in the middle of this one already. This is their bread and butter.