The Longer I Live Here, The Less I Understand The Thinking ( Work Ethics!)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

This is not meant to be a Hit on the Locals but more a Where is the Logic.

So my  Handyman/Gardner, 31 years old Single, lives at home with Mama and Brother. Non Drinker ( Well just a beer every now and then) Has decided to give up his 2.000+ peso a week job with all meals found because he gets Bored,

Bored I ask, Point 1. Some never seem to look for work and there is always plenty to Do. Point 2. He has decided to go on an Apartment Build for a Guy with no real pot to Piss in at a Staggering 1.500 peso per week with no grub and things. Painting.

Goodness me, this Place has Ooodles of work still to Do. Until March ( When we will start some Outside Rooms and Things) He had the Garden to landscape and do the maintenance. Retouching paint and Re Varnish Doors and Wood Furniture. Tend 350 Sq Mtr of Front Garden mostly laid to Lawn and Flower beds, all his work so he knew what was what.

So I said to him, How long is this Build you will go to. (Shrug Shoulders) Hmmmmmmm OK Go do it.

Having had the Maid do the same silly thing the Week before Christmas (which caused us a few problems with arrangement we had Made) I was not in a particularly good frame of mind.

Where is the logic of Some people, you give them a nice little Earning Jobs. No real Stress, All Found  [the maid Lived in]

But like so many Westerners, the Grass seems Greener on the Other side.

I can't work this one out.

Jack :tiphat:

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Well, if your looking for a gardner/handyman, and can wait until end of April, I'll take the job.  I'll start work for you at 10:00 am each second Tuesday of the week and take lunch 11-2:30 and work until 3PM.  All you have to do is pay me each Friday rain or shine. :tiphat:

PS: thanks for holding the job open for me. :hystery:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Finding men to work around the house is indeed a challenge.  I have had so many quit over the years because they get bored, or because I hired them to build a fence and then they get upset when I send them into the jungle to go get some bamboo (what did they think they were going to build the fence with).  They could also quit because I am too 'strict' which simply meant I wanted them to work instead of chatting to my wife all day.  They have also quit because I wanted them to work a full day instead of showing up at 10am and leaving at noon.  And lastly, they quit when I paid them only 100 pesos for only working 4 hours.  They could not understand why they got 200 the day before when they worked 8 hours.

Best guy I ever had was the ex's brother but he was only doing it as a favor to his sister and now earns over 1,000 pesos a day as a construction foreman in Manila.  I cannot afford the really good workers.

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I know of a few, in fact we were talking about that this morning, who quit their jobs either for no reason or because they were tired. The thinking here is just to wait as some one will help them out. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I know of a few, in fact we were talking about that this morning, who quit their jobs either for no reason or because they were tired. The thinking here is just to wait as some one will help them out. 

As I said I am lost on it all, then I have to sit and listen to the OH! but you are Rich Syndrome YEP! but I worked for it.

That's why I offer you a job to do what I don't want to do anymore, Take it or leave it and of course you have. "So You loose again" ( Song title Pun intended). :lol:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I know Jack hard to figure sometimes.

My story is our maid has a slew of un or underemployed brothers, she is basically the family breadwinner. So when we built our house we asked the foreman of the construction crew if he could put them to work. They started as just labor and low end of wage scale. They worked hard and the brighter of the two basically started apprenticing to the welder (this guys was good). Well they did so well that they earned a slot in the regular crew. Went to the next job, did fine. A few months later there they were just hanging around again. Asked "what happened?" Oh the next job was in Cavite and they didn't want to stay on site with the rest of the crew. 

So bottom line these two shmucks basically pissed away a career opportunity because they would have to sleep rough for awhile :1 (103):

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I know Jack hard to figure sometimes.

My story is our maid has a slew of un or underemployed brothers, she is basically the family breadwinner. So when we built our house we asked the foreman of the construction crew if he could put them to work. They started as just labor and low end of wage scale. They worked hard and the brighter of the two basically started apprenticing to the welder (this guys was good). Well they did so well that they earned a slot in the regular crew. Went to the next job, did fine. A few months later there they were just hanging around again. Asked "what happened?" Oh the next job was in Cavite and they didn't want to stay on site with the rest of the crew. 

So bottom line these two shmucks basically pissed away a career opportunity because they would have to sleep rough for awhile :1 (103):

Mummy will feed me

• Like 1