Good News About Netflix For Us!

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Netflix is now available in the Philippines without a proxy! You can even use a Chromecast! They just expanded to over 130 new countries! Yeehaaaa!!!

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if you can stream movies/TV shows over the internet using KODI in the Philippines?  KODI is the best thing that I have discovered here in the US.  Immediately canceled my NETFLIX account.  Heck, you can even get all the NFL and NBA games.  However, as a minimum, I think you need at least a 5 mps connection.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
KODI

Never heard of it, can you expand plse?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

The problem will be bandwidth in most locations.

We were using Netflix in Auckland and quite often it would hang and buffer, even though they had decent internet.

What is the cost?

Edit:  Found this:

Netflix offers three monthly plans to the Philippines: the one-screen plan at standard definition for P370/month, two screens at high definition for P460/month, and four screens at a time with Ultra HD for P550/month.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/netflix-now-philippines-000000142.html

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if you can stream movies/TV shows over the internet using KODI in the Philippines?  KODI is the best thing that I have discovered here in the US.  Immediately canceled my NETFLIX account.  Heck, you can even get all the NFL and NBA games.  However, as a minimum, I think you need at least a 5 mps connection.

Same as NETFLIX per their website

Jake
Posted
Posted

The problem will be bandwidth in most locations.

We were using Netflix in Auckland and quite often it would hang and buffer, even though they had decent internet.

What is the cost?

Edit:  Found this:

Netflix offers three monthly plans to the Philippines: the one-screen plan at standard definition for P370/month, two screens at high definition for P460/month, and four screens at a time with Ultra HD for P550/month.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/netflix-now-philippines-000000142.html

Excellent point OMW.  Roger that about minimum speed (at least 5Mbps) to stream smooth video.  But It took me awhile to understand bandwidth limitations.  According to Netflix website, you're expending about 3-4 GB (gigabytes) per hour worth of streaming HD video. 

Usually you pay a surcharge if you exceed the limitations.  Hopefully, Netflix Philippines will run a smooth and honest operation, especially regarding the billing department......he, he.   

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted

Why pay? Find it all free. It is there for the taking. Www.vipbox.mobi for all sports. This is mobile device site, they have pc browser address also. From your device stream to tv. Then there is www.ustvnow.com with some free channels.

Guess if you want a better quality you have to pay, but I just want to see an NFL game. I'll just watch movies others provide the rest of time if I bother with tv.

There is a lot of real life going on and you'll likely find me living it instead of watching tv. Time to bake cookies now and play with my new baby. Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I have an apps box here in Thailand, pay extra for 15mg speed (still buffers, drops out etc). Also have a  VPN that I pay $40US a year.

You can then get local stations back in UK, US, Oz etc.

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

KODI

Never heard of it, can you expand plse?

KODI is an operating system, like Windows, that you can install on your computer, or even an Amazon Kindle TV Fire stick (of as little as $40 US).  With KODI installed, you can download several APPs that will allow you to stream movies, TV shows and even sports events.  They even stream movies that are currently playing in Theaters, though not the greatest quality, but all movies are of good quality (HDD, or 1080P) once they are available on DVD.  

But it is not the easiest thing to install.  I recommend You Tubing the installation process.  If you are technically challenged, you could spend the money ($380??) and get a Streamsmart box that comes preinstalled with KODI and provides a service that updates the system through a proprietary wizard.

• Like 3

florin1106
Posted
Posted

Hi there..

I know you can watch / stream movies and most sports with this Kodi..

I did try to set it up ( download etc) but I have failed..If you ever do or succeed then let me know I need some help..

Thank you