American Football On Tv In Philippines

BobP
Posted
Posted

Hi Everyone,

I apologize if this is out of place in the forums.

Being an avid American college football and Professional football fan and currently watching the professional playoffs and anticipating a move to the Phils, can someone tell me if football is on televisiion in Phils and when is it broadcasted?  All of the games are shown on major networks or ESPN usually.

For instance, the professionals play on Sundays.  With the time difference in USA and Phils, broadcasting the game in Phils in real time would mean the 1:00 pm Sunday game here in US would be shown at 2 am on Monday in Phils, if my calculation is correct.

I hope I am wrong and missing something obvious because I dearly love watching football.

Thanks for your replies.

BobP

:cheersty:

• Like 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted

I have SKY cable in Cebu City and they have a channel called ASN (All Sports Network) and they show 3 or 4 top NFL games. And also 3 or 4 top NCAA football games per week. The HD version looks damn good with an HD TV.

• Like 4

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Live NFL finals next week would appear at about 1AM Sunday(AFC) and 5AM Sunday (NFC) next week

• Like 2

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Yeah, it's not real convenient to watch NFL while in the Philippines.  You're correct on the time difference, but also have to consider daylight savings time.  The first several NFL games of the season will be at 1am and 4am Monday, and then after the time change it will be 2am and 5am for most regular season games.  As for viewing options, most guys just watch them online. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There are quite a few bars and restaurants around Dumaguete that show football and other popular American sports.  They are always crowded with expats in the mornings when a big game is on.  For me, I would rather sleep in.  :bedtime2:

• Like 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted

As mentioned above the ASN channel on Sky Cable has them both live and on repeat. On repeat is of course the best way to watch because they cut out 90% of the non-action whilst they're running commercials or the officials are having endless conversations about what they did and didn't see. Watched Saturday's games yesterday and will watch yesterday's games this evening and no I don't know the scores. I managed to keep my American friend schtum whilst we were golfing this morning.

The repeats are of course at a much more user-friendly time for the Philippines.

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

Live NFL finals next week would appear at about 1AM Sunday(AFC) and 5AM Sunday (NFC) next week

Correct time is 4:05 a.m. and 7:40 a.m. for those games. I watch them on VIPBOX. Stream quality is not great but it is free. haha. Will likely go to ASN next year.

161c05ddf4fa9bd05b01b1716036e678.jpg

EDIT: There are also the Sunday night, Monday night and Thursday night games for professional. They come on at a decent hour in the early morning, like 9 am. That is if you are going to watch it live.

NCAA has a lot of late games too. They are just usually West Coast teams so it depends on what conference you like.

More EDIT, LOL: I love a good Superbowl party at 7 am. Let the drinking begin early for a great day. Then nap and sleep it off after lunch! YES!

Edited by GregZ