All Sounds Wonderful

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Yes the culture thing was one of the things that made me think I want some of that.

It just sounded like is was back when I was young everyone looking after everyone, the family was one big unit.

But is it, you hear that yes we all love our family and we would do anything for each other.

I am not seeing that at all.

Let's stand back and so and so will pay for it and these are the children of the parents too what has happened to sharing the problems,all you hear is we have commitments you don't so the problem is yours.

It's painting a very poor picture for me but I have a choice and I am really thinking very hard on where our or my future may be.

For those who have made the move to the Phil's with there partner has it been hard for you both to ajust to this,or is it the case they had to ajust to you

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Good points. We are adjusting or should I say, we have adjusted to each other. It has been much harder for me to adjust than for her. Now, when we go to the states to finally live, she will have to adjust. She will have to adjust to cold winters. She will have to adjust going to a restaurant and not having rice on the menu. She will have to adjust to the dangers of city life. However, I will be there for her every step of the way. If her son who will be in high school does not improve his English, he will have difficulties but I am confident that he can overcome them. My family is very close and so my wife and son will have a very strong support group.

There are many Filipino-American families in the states.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Whilst contemplation is a wonderful thing, sooner or later action is needed, otherwise you rust!

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

my wife joined me in the UK in 2002 and she had to adjust , yes to the weather, and to discrimination !

But she coped she may be a small woman

but she used to work here  for a Gov dept before I met her and managed 30 other employees

so she was strong willed.

while in the UK one of the brothers became ill, we sent money for medical expenses etc

and he took a turn for the worse , the other brothers more or less said they couldnt afford any more

and the words " mercy killing " were said to my wife ! which you can imagine the rest.

we sent more money and he pulled through, but sadly he passed away in 2011 just before we retired to the Philippines.

since then another brother and the mother has passed on with certain family members pleading poverty.

so always be prepared if only for your wifes sake.

• Like 2