Best Line I've Heard In 2016

davewe
Posted
Posted

First a brag. Friday was my birthday and I came home a bit early to find my darling Janet had thrown a surprise party for me. A modest crowd of 12-15 and enough food to feed the entire barangay - you all know how that goes. I was surprised and touched. As always happens at these parties the guys went to one side of the house (and drank) and the women went to the other side. Both sides gossip.

Now we have a friend (more of an acquaintance) who unlike the rest of us, met his Filipina gf here in the US. Unmarried, they've lived together for maybe 5 years. On the guy's side of the party he complained about her relatives who live with them (it's her house) and her relatives in the Philippines who ask for money.

On the girls' side of the party, she complained that he doesn't financially contribute and (allegedly) that he hasn't had sex with her in years.

At some point in the party, the gf brought over a plate of food for her man. I remember thinking that it was a huge plate with double helpings of everything.

The next day Janet and I compared notes about the success of the party and of course I confirmed 50 times over that "yes I was actually surprised." Janet remarked that as her friend prepared the plate of eats for the bf, another girl yelled at her in Visayan, "Don't give him too much!! He's not even Ger Gering you!!"

I fell on the floor.

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Happy Belated Birthday

Maybe a good feed is what he needs.

Best line I seen not heard last year was this one below :)

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Great story.  Glad you shared.  I know a lot of old guys who cannot or do not ger ger their wife and yet they still want a beautiful young sexy wife.  Not sure why they do that.  And yes, the girls talk about it at the hen parties and those hens go home and tell their hubbies so to any guy out there who thinks its a secret that he is not 'doing it';  . . . . . it's no secret.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Happy Belated Birthday

Maybe a good feed is what he needs.

Best line I seen not heard last year was this one below :)

:hystery:  YEP! but it is knowing when to draw it :thumbsup:

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
it's no secret.

And vice versa......if you are ger gerring, everyone knows it.

• Like 5

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

My Bisaya is just good enough for me to have overheard K and her eldest sister, who also has an English partner, confirming to a gaggle of friends at a party that yes, foreigners do have a bigger... (fill in the blanks, but I don't think it was "cheque book"!)  

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Well in context I think I know what ger ger means... but google translate says "give give"... and I don't think they mean wallet either ha ha  :tiphat:

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My Bisaya is just good enough for me to have overheard K and her eldest sister, who also has an English partner, confirming to a gaggle of friends at a party that yes, foreigners do have a bigger... (fill in the blanks, but I don't think it was "cheque book"!)  

It`s noses they always callus long noses. I thought you would have :) known that

• Like 3