3 U.s. Pedophiles Nabbed In Cambodia

Travis
Posted
Posted

I am not sure I like my forum name after this :SugarwareZ-037: I sure hope they are working to clean up the Philippines toovideo below http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html...test=latestnews EXCLUSIVE: LOS ANGELES

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)

US paedophile gets 10-year termThursday, 27 August 2009 15:02by Chrann Chamroeun PHNOM Penh Municipal Court on Wednesday convicted and sentenced American national Michael James Dodd to 10 years in prison on charges of purchasing child prostitution from a 14-year-old Vietnamese girl and ordered him to pay 20 million riels (US$4,824) in compensation.Presiding Judge Chan Madina convicted Dodd, 60, under Article 34 of the Law on the Suppression of Human Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation.The court also convicted and sentenced Chan Pallay, 40, the mother of Dodd's victim, to 10 years in prison as an accomplice to human trafficking under Article 4 of the anti-human trafficking law.Dodd, from Washington, was arrested in October last year after police raided his rented home in Daun Penh district, where he was discovered with the 14-year-old Vietnamese girl as well as a second girl, age 13, from Cambodia.Uk Phourik, Dodd's defence attorney, said the verdict was unjust and that his client would appeal the conviction.Peng Maneth, who represented the Vietnamese girl, said Dodd still faces charges for his involvement with the 13-year-old Cambodian girl, adding that a hearing in that case would follow pending further investigation.090827_05.jpghttp://www.phnompenhpost.com/index.php/200...-year-term.htmlCopyright

Edited by M.Morey

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I wonder how much weight this guy lost during his 10 months (so far) in Cambodian prison? Maybe the US should have left those 3 other guys to suffer in a Cambodian prison.
While I can't argue with the end result of putting pedophiles in jail, I don't particularly like the practice of the US applying domestic law to its citizen's actions when they are outside the country. I'd much rather see the sex tourists prosecuted and jailed where the crime took place, not the US. If there is evidence of the crime, extradite them back to Cambodia and let them be dealt with there. The story about the Cambodian courts putting that guy in jail shows that they can police their own country when they want to.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

I feel the same way about picking and chosing what Domestic laws to enforce overseas. An oxymoron?However when it comes to Pedophiles? :1 (72):

While I can't argue with the end result of putting pedophiles in jail, I don't particularly like the practice of the US applying domestic law to its citizen's actions when they are outside the country. I'd much rather see the sex tourists prosecuted and jailed where the crime took place, not the US. If there is evidence of the crime, extradite them back to Cambodia and let them be dealt with there. The story about the Cambodian courts putting that guy in jail shows that they can police their own country when they want to.
Edited by Boss Man
fixed quote tags

Bundok
Posted
Posted

there is a special place in hell and prision for these twisted f**ks...Nail'em anyway you can.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

I want to know why the American Government issues a convicted child molestor a passport. Or any convicted felon for that matter. Too bad they didn't leave them in the Cambodian jail. Why do we want them back here so they can refuse treatment and be back on the street again?