Expected Fees At Airport When Exiting After My 3 Year Stay?

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

I have been in the Philippines for 3 years now. Time for a short exit required by BI.

I have my ECC, round trip ticket, Onward ticket.

I will be flying direct from Davao to Singapore for 5 days and then return to Davao.

What fees can I expect at davao before I leave?

I know there is the Terminal fee (I think only 200 at Davao).

But I also heard something about a "Tourist fee" Does anybody know about this and if it exists how much it is?

Also: are there any fees when arriving back in Davao?

Thanks

Dave

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I have been in the Philippines for 3 years now. Time for a short exit required by BI.

I have my ECC, round trip ticket, Onward ticket.

I will be flying direct from Davao to Singapore for 5 days and then return to Davao.

But I also heard something about a "Tourist fee" Does anybody know about this and if it exists how much it is?

Thanks

Dave

Can't talk about this but to say Kev (Sonjack) has just done it from Cebu. He may well see this and offer what he can in advice

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

There is an exit (or departure or travel) tax of about 1,620 per person for locals and for tourists who have been here more than 1 year  In the past there have been times when the guard at the departure gate sent me to pay it and there have been other times when they did not notice.  YMMV

http://www.philippineconsulate.com.au/travel-tax.html

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

There is an exit (or departure or travel) tax of about 1,620 per person for locals and for tourists who have been here more than 1 year  In the past there have been times when the guard at the departure gate sent me to pay it and there have been other times when they did not notice.  YMMV

http://www.philippineconsulate.com.au/travel-tax.html

Dave,

Just a question for clarity on this for future reference for myself.  If I am residing in Phils and return home just inside the one year period, am I exempt from this tax.

This is a very imposing tax and hardly makes expats to make the country their home?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
If I am residing in Phils and return home just inside the one year period, am I exempt from this tax.

In  the past, I have never been asked to pay it when leaving 1 day short of a year.  I used to do that (leave just before the year was up), because (if I remember rightly) the fees for the tourist visa used to be higher for anything over 1 year.  But my memory is not as good as it once was so maybe that was just the excuse I gave myself.

Its been over two years since I was out of the Philippines and things change so I would not want you to count on my saying:  No you don't have to pay the tax when you stay less than 6 months as a tourist.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
This is a very imposing tax and hardly makes expats to make the country their home?

Here is the travel tax website:

http://www.tieza.gov.ph/index.php/travel-tax

They didn't charge me at Clark when I went to HKG last year, just before my 3 years were up.

Actually, it appears that many visa holders are supposed to pay it even if here less than one year, e.g. 13A in the table.  That sucks.

• Like 1

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replys guys.

This "forced" vacation just keeps getting more expensive.  :(

Glad I got here after the change from 16 month to 36 month for exiting. Soon I will have 3 years to wait and hope they adjust that to 60 months. :)

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Dave

Terminal fee in Davao was 700 peso, that was last October.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Terminal fee in Davao was 700 peso, that was last October.

200 is for domestic, was 550 for international but has changed.

Davao (DVO) Domestic 200.00
Davao (DVO) International 700.00

Can't see why there would be. You are just arriving as a tourist again. 

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

well the high Terminal fee is a disappointing bit of information. Thanks