Dumaguete And Surroundings Travel

davewe
Posted
Posted

We spent a few days in Dumaguete and Valencia 2 years ago. Now it's time to go again in April. We have a week in the area. We want to enjoy ourselves, check out the surrounding areas, and really scout the place for our move next year.

So my question is with a week in the area where would you recommend going? I suspect we will definitely spend a day at Apo Island snorkeling. Where should we check out for eventual living and what interesting spots should we look at in the surrounding areas?

Getting excited!

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I am sure you will get many responses from members here.  I am seeking to do the same thing in 12-18 months so would be pleased to read any reports on what you discover whilst there in your upcoming visit.

robert k
Posted
Posted

Well, you have seen Valencia which still looked good to me as of October last year. Dumaguete seems much more crowded to me than it did in June 2014. I particularly enjoyed Tierra Alta subdivision in Valencia.

RBM
Posted
Posted

We spent a few days in Dumaguete and Valencia 2 years ago. Now it's time to go again in April. We have a week in the area. We want to enjoy ourselves, check out the surrounding areas, and really scout the place for our move next year.

So my question is with a week in the area where would you recommend going? I suspect we will definitely spend a day at Apo Island snorkeling. Where should we check out for eventual living and what interesting spots should we look at in the surrounding areas?

Getting excited!

Couple places we really enjoy worth a mention, of course different horses an so on....

Red Rock is great for a visit, cold fresh mountain stream and nice to hang out there for a few hours. Nice swimming spots there particularly under the falls.

Just down from there about 3 KM is our favorite hot pool spot in the area, tastefully decorated with the stones, quite a few different pools varying temps. Neat little bar and cheap snack foods. Tip ovoid the hot pools close to red rock. There is a sign on the road, on right side heading back.

Once back in town, be sure to visit Oliver's resto....True Love about 3 km south of Dumaguete, must be the lowest priced and tastiest food in Dumaguete. Plus he is one very entertaining guy. Mention Bruce to him

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Just down from there about 3 KM is our favorite hot pool spot in the area

I'm guessing you mean Ocean's 24 which is actually "up" the hill about 3 km from the RedRock turnoff?  Its all good, just want to be sure people can find it  :cheersty:

robert k
Posted
Posted

Getting excited!

Couple places we really enjoy worth a mention, of course different horses an so on....

Red Rock is great for a visit, cold fresh mountain stream and nice to hang out there for a few hours. Nice swimming spots there particularly under the falls.

Just down from there about 3 KM is our favorite hot pool spot in the area, tastefully decorated with the stones, quite a few different pools varying temps. Neat little bar and cheap snack foods. Tip ovoid the hot pools close to red rock. There is a sign on the road, on right side heading back.

Once back in town, be sure to visit Oliver's resto....True Love about 3 km south of Dumaguete, must be the lowest priced and tastiest food in Dumaguete. Plus he is one very entertaining guy. Mention Bruce to him

Do you mean One Love? I enjoyed the food there also. Tip: Go early before the sun beats into the café as it will in late afternoon.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Do you mean One Love?

He means True Love.  They changed the name, but it did indeed used to be called One Love.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Getting excited!

Do you mean One Love? I enjoyed the food there also. Tip: Go early before the sun beats into the café as it will in late afternoon.

Now he has built a cosy little air con room for eating, real nice so no worries.

robert k
Posted
Posted

Things must be looking up for him. I'm glad to hear it. :)

RBM
Posted
Posted

Just down from there about 3 KM is our favorite hot pool spot in the area

I'm guessing you mean Ocean's 24 which is actually "up" the hill about 3 km from the RedRock turnoff?  Its all good, just want to be sure people can find it  :cheersty:

Not Dave it's the opposite direction of the geothermal from memory name was just hot an cold springs, nice spot but not on weekends.

• Like 1