Day Trip To Mactan/lapu Lapu.

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

Looking to escape from Cebu City on a few day trips to the beach/resort areas on Mactan / Lapu Lapu. 

Primarily I am looking for any suggestions of recommended resorts which allow day visitors, for example pay a few hundred peso to get in and use their facilities for the day, preferably using the 'consumables' system.

Anybody able to recommend any? (Must have a beach).Lol.

Many thanks in advance.

:cheersty: .

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Looking to escape from Cebu City on a few day trips to the beach/resort areas on Mactan / Lapu Lapu. 

Primarily I am looking for any suggestions of recommended resorts which allow day visitors, for example pay a few hundred peso to get in and use their facilities for the day, preferably using the 'consumables' system.

Many thanks in advance.

Going on the assumption that things have not changed since I lived in the area, Hadsan Beach Resort was the most affordable for a day trip and was very, very popular among filipinos.  If you want low cost with good value then I recommend it.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Eddie I remember going to Tombolo (spelling)  It was 500 each and I think 400 of that was consumable.  All we did was ask a taxi driver for the place by name and  he took us straight there.

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted

Better plan on staying over night.

Currently believe one bridge out so going to fill in the day just going and returning, doubt have time to swim.

• Like 3

jai_ren
Posted
Posted

Lapu-Lapu seems a bit of a bizarre choice to 'escape from Cebu city'. Parts of it are some of the most crowded urban areas you are likely to find anywhere in the Philippines outside Manila.

for my money, Opon, sometimes called the 'old town' by the locals (barangay Poblacion) in Lapu2x is probably the most crowded part of the entire metro Cebu area - including Colon.

the sea water around Mactan is absolutely foul, so there is no question of taking a dip in the sea or anything. What is the point of a beach if you can't go in the water.

if you want to just sit by a swimming pool well you can do that elsewhere in Cebu without running the gauntlet of going out there in the even-worse-than-usual-at-the-moment traffic.

ically if you are in central Cebu city and you want to use a beach and to swim you have a major trek on your hands. The water gets cleaner faster in the north but you still need to get past Danao to the north before it gets tolerable and past Argao to the south.

• Like 4

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Eddie, we sometimes go to Vanu Beach, it's about 10-15 mins by Tryc from Grand Mall in Lapu x2  The cost is 500 pesos for a 10 person hut that includes your entry, there is a little bar/resto/sari store there, the beer is cold so can't be that bad, they seem to sell food but to be honest didn't really check we always take our own when we go. The beach is only small as are nearly all the resort beaches here, was pleasantly surprised the last time we went, they actually have some one cleaning the rubbish from around the beach area, water seems to be clean, we all swam there and no-one got any mysterious diseases.One thing, don't go on Sunday or holidays unless you like screaming kids, music, moto's and anything else they can make noise with.

To me the best place is Olango Island just off the tip of Mactan Island, clean quiet beaches, hut is 300 pesos for the day, 10 pesos entry only thing is a bit of a bugger of a place to get to if you don't know where it is, but to me well worth the trip.

As someone has said the old bridge is under repair and also the road from SM, so you will get a double wammy trying to get here, tell the taxi driver to take the new bridge, there is a back way and most taxi's no it, the cost will be about the same.

Good luck and enjoy yourself.

• Like 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Blue Water, Mactan. Book for the evening meal, well worth it. Can't be defined as cheap though (at least not by local standards).

• Like 2

Ynot
Posted
Posted

Why not go to Bohol only two hours by boat (fast ferry) spend the day there and return in the evening.  The beaches are nicer than Mactan, a little expenisve but worth it.  I remember staying at a resort on Mactan Island, I picked it because the pics of the resort looked good, they had a pic of the beach, but when I arrived, I soon realised the best thing about the resort was the pics and the best part of the beach was hanging in a pic on the bedroom wall.  Yes it was near the sea, but it was swamp like, not inviting at all. Everytime we went to eat at the restaurant we were directed to the cafe.  Some orgnaisation had booked most of the resort and had booked the restaurant for their seminar / meals area so other resort guest were restricted to the cafe.  The resort was not upfront with its customers about being booked out by this organisation and kept on making excuses as to why we could not use the restaurant.  It became comical towards the end, as I had booked in their for 5 days.  By day 4 I would say dont tell me and offer them a reason why I could not use the restaurant that morning.  I was a slow learner it took me 4 days to catch on as to why we could not use the restaurant at the resort.  But I digress, I say go to bohol for the day!! Expensive but fun 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Blue Water, Mactan. Book for the evening meal, well worth it. Can't be defined as cheap though (at least not by local standards).

Very nice place to spend the day!