Acr Card Price

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's time for me to do my first post-59 day extension. I went to the immigration website to get the total amount of cash that I need to bring. But, the ACR card is listed in USD instead of pesos like all of the other prices on the page.

I feel stupid even asking this question, but they don't actually want me to pay it in USD do they? Assuming they don't, what exchange rate do they use to pay in pesos? I just want to be sure that I pull enough from the atm.

Edited by Bellacissa
  • Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Nope, all payments cheerfully taken in Peso :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

Nope, all payments cheerfully taken in Peso :thumbsup:

It's just so odd that it is the only thing listed in USD. My only guess is that it's to make a few more pesos when there is a decent exchange rate on their end.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Your renewal will cost 2930 and you will have to pay 100 for an annual report the card I cannot rememberbut as dave says take 5-6000 you will be ok.The website to say the least is quite confusing.

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted

It's time for me to do my first post-59 day extension. I went to the immigration website to get the total amount of cash that I need to bring. But, the ACR card is listed in USD instead of pesos like all of the other prices on the page.

I feel stupid even asking this question, but they don't actually want me to pay it in USD do they? Assuming they don't, what exchange rate do they use to pay in pesos? I just want to be sure that I pull enough from the atm.

That was a funny one. Last May I had to renew my Permanent Residency...and they had me pay (not sure how much,,,800?) and at the end they gave me another bill for $50 USD, so I had a note in hand. But they refused to accept it...they wanted pesos.

They don't use an inflated rate, but it is the current daily rate of exchange.

• Like 1

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

Just in case anyone searches and finds this post, the total for the two month extension including the ACR card was 7794 pesos. It will vary a little based on the current exchange rate for the ACR, but take about 8000 pesos with you and that should cover it.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
the total for the two month extension including the ACR card was 7794 pesos.

As I remember it, the visa renewal at the 59 day mark is the most expensive you will ever pay.  I remember there is another one that is a little bit expensive (I think at the 6 month point) but the rest of your renewals will only cost you 3,000 pesos +/- 100

• Like 3

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Just in case anyone searches and finds this post, the total for the two month extension including the ACR card was 7794 pesos. It will vary a little based on the current exchange rate for the ACR, but take about 8000 pesos with you and that should cover it.

Thank you for posting this. I just did the same, but through a MNL travel agency that I have been doing business with for several years. I always assumed that the nicked me for P1,000 each time I extend my visa through them (well worth it since I never leave my house... my wife just makes the Piso deposit into the local bank to their account), but they only charged me P8,350 for my two month extension and new ACR-I card combo. Thats a difference of only P556.

I always pre-sign the applications and legal power of attorney to pick up my passport (something new as of last year), and leave photo squares with them when I leave MNL for 6 months in the Provinces. 

When I return in 5.75 months everything is stamped (now little gold stickers) and legal. No need for Certificate of Clearane since I am here less than 6 months. So far, things have always gone smoothly. I still keep my fingers crossed however. 

• Like 2