What Does Your Asawa/sign.othr Cook For You That Is Isang Masarap?

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Sitting here at my computer, surfing the site, she brings me up a plate of home-made Shanghai eggrolls. I'm momentarily in heaven.

If you've been blessed with a good cook, tell us what she cooks for you with love.

(What was that famous Spanish movie.... about chocolate and cooking w/love?)

• Like 3

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sitting here at my computer, surfing the site, she brings me up a plate of home-made Shanghai eggrolls. I'm momentarily in heaven.

If you've been blessed with a good cook, tell us what she cooks for you with love.

(What was that famous Spanish movie.... about chocolate and cooking w/love?)

"Like Water For Chocolate". I just had to pursue it. Its been awhile since I watched it, but it does relate to the PI in that often a younger or youngest daughter is expected to take care of her aging parents in deference to and repression of,  her own personal desires in life.

This hits home to me since my wife, despite her eldest brother being catapulted to the PI military's version of West Point, and her sister to a nursing career and highly successfull life in Australia, was relegated to dropping out of HS to become a nanny to her wealthy MNL aunt's child. Who is also now very wealthy, having married well. They had promised her the opportunity to finish High School in MNL, but renigged and it never came about.

Bizarre. Eldest children... success on the highest level (her brother was in the personal bodyguard of Cory Aquino at times). Her twin sister died in the childbirth of her only daughter, destitute and impoverished, leaving behind 6 other firstborn sons.. Go figure. 

This movie illustrates social conditions that still exist here in places. 

Fortunately, my wife watched the cooks while working as a dishwasher and later, waitress and became a first rate cook that landed her a job at the local National HS as chief cook. She still cooks with love.... and I am the lucky recipient.

Edited by manofthecoldland
  • Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Everything ......... I am presently eating a delicious bowl of macaroni soup .... I have gained way to much weight .... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty:

Nephi
Posted
Posted

Just like Mike S. My wife seems to cook everything that I like. My 14yr old daughter is following in her footsteps and loves to surprise me with goodies as well as dinners all the time. I'm starting to feel like royalty like in one of those old time movies or something.

Nephi

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

She picked some of the long green beans in the yard today and made a pork dish with them for dinner. It was quite good.  My favorite is the pork./mung/squash dish... she says there is no name for it... they just call it the 'pork/mung/squash dish' ha ha

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

She picked some of the long green beans in the yard today and made a pork dish with them for dinner. It was quite good.  My favorite is the pork./mung/squash dish... she says there is no name for it... they just call it the 'pork/mung/squash dish' ha ha

I love that stuff.

I asked my wife the name thinking i could be "the answer guy".  Wife says "It has no name at all".

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I had no idea that K was a good cook until she came to live with me in England. When I stayed with her in the Philippines she always pretended that her maid cooked. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have found with my wife to let her cook her own way and then make suggestions as to how she can add a little and it will be great for me.If she cooks fried rice I have told her to put a little greenery with it just to make it more pleasing to the eye she does this and the food is much better for me.Tonight is spicy chicken with fried garlic rice with some spring onions.

• Like 3

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

My wife is actually new to cooking but she has really impressed me.

She cooks menudo and adobo chicken very well!

We often just have a simple meal with rice and boiled cabbage and other vegatibles with pork or chicken.