Allergic To Laundry Detergent & Dawn Dish Washing Detergent

patmac
Posted
Posted

Hi Gang   :tiphat: Glad your all still here !  My plans were to be in Duma for 3 weeks Sept/Oct .In Aug i came down with  Red itchy eye's ,rash around ear's, very nasty stuff. So i tried over the counter Allergy Relief & eye drop's (advice of daughter) a little bettor . Went to Allergist MD she gave me patch test . Turns out i have developed an severe allergies to Tide Laundry detergent and Dawn dish washing detergent ,most all hand soap's & shampoo .  I've searched the forum , found no info on skin allergies .   The products i get here, that i can use and buy at Walmart  are Cerave hand soap  & lotion ,Free & Clear shampoo .  Are there any of these products in the Duma area Drug stores or health stores , that carry chemical free product's for people with allergies  .   I afraid they won't let thru Airport  Security here  with 12 oz of lotion & bars of hand soap & shampoo.  I Hope to meet some of you guy's in Duma in April.    Thank's for all the help     Patrick

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Bring what ever you need in checked luggage.

Fill a few 3oz. containers with your soap, saving stuff, shampoo, etc.   

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Check out making basic shampoos, detergents on google from things like vinegar, bi carb etc.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
The products i get here, that i can use and buy at Walmart  are Cerave hand soap  & lotion ,Free & Clear shampoo .

I have not seen those here but I am not looking for them.  I have a much milder soap allergy and I found I cannot handle some of the cheap, harsh soaps here but I do alright with Dove and it is available here.

For your situation, I would suggest sending yourself a 3 year supply in a Balikbayan box and arranging with a friend to send another box 3 years from now.  When its something you absolutely NEED then thats the way to do it.