"Time management" (works both Ways badly)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:hystery: I laugh because I found this so freaking funny and still laughing at 10.10 as I write this.

Now Today, is the first Sunday in the Month and my wife went to early Early "Mass" like 5.30am ( There you go, so do some don't) I Don't venture to Church at any time for the Normal things, me, I am strictly Weddings, Baptism's and the other thing But certainly nothing at this unthingy hour of the Day for anything :cool: But wait it is not about Church I am telling this. When she came back she was telling me that she could not buy what I had asked for last night as Lee Plaza was not open (must be something wrong as it was  past 8 and the Open at 8am she said) Hmmmmmmm said my somewhat non Functioning Brain, at this time in the morning, Honey pass me my Phone from the side please.

OK so here is the punchline. It is now 7.35am. "WOW" She has waited Outside the Supermarket Entrance to the Store for it to Open, it didn't open at 8am Although she was waiting out side from 6.50 and it was 7am Not 8. When it was not about to open she came Home. telling me that it was so very Quiet out side the Store.

This is a First for me, married to a fairly constant late starter An Hour Early :crack-up: Unheard of. 

Opens at eight.jpeg

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery: I laugh because I found this so freaking funny and still laughing at 10.10 as I write this.

Now Today, is the first Sunday in the Month and my wife went to early Early "Mass" like 5.30am ( There you go, so do some don't) I Don't venture to Church at any time for the Normal things, me, I am strictly Weddings, Baptism's and the other thing But certainly nothing at this unthingy hour of the Day for anything :cool: But wait it is not about Church I am telling this. When she came back she was telling me that she could not buy what I had asked for last night as Lee Plaza was not open (must be something wrong as it was  past 8 and the Open at 8am she said) Hmmmmmmm said my somewhat non Functioning Brain, at this time in the morning, Honey pass me my Phone from the side please.

OK so here is the punchline. It is now 7.35am. "WOW" She has waited Outside the Supermarket Entrance to the Store for it to Open, it didn't open at 8am Although she was waiting out side from 6.50 and it was 7am Not 8. When it was not about to open she came Home. telling me that it was so very Quiet out side the Store.

This is a First for me, married to a fairly constant late starter An Hour Early :crack-up: Unheard of. 

Opens at eight.jpeg

Time gets away when you are having fun Jack.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, mogo51 said:
42 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Opens at eight.jpeg

Time gets away when you are having fun Jack.

I doubt she was having Fun waiting for a shop to open an Hour after she was there But................

What can I say to that.jpg

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Was it your fault that the store was not open?  Somehow, if anything like this happens in my little family, it seems to always be my fault :56da64adacf47_23_11_591:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 5

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Time management 101

My wife is cooking downstairs and I hear the sound of a utensil tapping a porcelain plate. I'm about to write  a letter and I think, 'maybe dinner is about ready since she is putting food on the plates. Maybe I should put this off a bit, and start it after dinner.'

Of course, since food is just as often served cold here as it is hot, it could also mean that one thing is cooked and another is about to be cooked. Plenty of time until we eat. Maybe I should start writing.

So I call down to check. "When will dinner be ready?" 

"In a while.", she replies, as usual.  Of course that can mean anything from a few minutes to an hour. 

I take the gamble and start composing while my ideas are hot.

Three sentences into it I hear....."Halika na! (you come )

Drats ! Foiled again by the Pinay sense of time.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Was it your fault that the store was not open?  Somehow, if anything like this happens in my little family, it seems to always be my fault :56da64adacf47_23_11_591:

:hystery: Everything is my fault.  But maybe Just maybe she thinks like this :89:

fault..jpg

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

Ah yes.  And if you ask:  "When's dinner?" too much you get attitude like "Don't nag me, it'll be ready in a while".  It has been explained by "She Who Must Be Obeyed" (someone else's phrase but I like it) that we, men, should be thankful that our food is prepared and served and show that thanks by coming to the table on demand. :56da64af91f92_23_11_602:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

Time management 101

My wife is cooking downstairs and I hear the sound of a utensil tapping a porcelain plate. I'm about to write  a letter and I think, 'maybe dinner is about ready since she is putting food on the plates. Maybe I should put this off a bit, and start it after dinner.'

Of course, since food is just as often served cold here as it is hot, it could also mean that one thing is cooked and another is about to be cooked. Plenty of time until we eat. Maybe I should start writing.

So I call down to check. "When will dinner be ready?" 

"In a while.", she replies, as usual.  Of course that can mean anything from a few minutes to an hour. 

Drats ! Foiled again by the Pinay sense of time.

I would have said......I'm coming, I coming.....he, he.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

A little O.T, but I was at BDO last week paying the power bill and there is a special teller to take these bills, well the poor young miss must have been new, she was taking about 5 minutes to process each bill, as I stood there it took me back years ago when all the rage was for those time and motion men wissing around with pens and clip boards, I am not complaining, it has such cool a.c. there and plenty of good looking crumpet, I could have stayed for hours.

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 3/6/2016 at 10:09 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Are we related?:whistling:

• Like 2