Ohhh those Filipinos

Ynot
Posted
Posted

Talking about a few beers in thailand whilst waiting on the embassy, I remember when I travelled with my wife to Bkk to visit the embassy, booked into a hotel in the Nana area.  Had never been there before, but you could have knocked me over with a feather when we arrived at the hotel and you could see what was happening across the road.  Needless to say, the next trip to Bkk to visit the embassy, we ended up in remote part of the city on a recommendation from a friend of hers, hours away from the embassy in an area where no one spoke english!!!  

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Ynot said:

Talking about a few beers in thailand whilst waiting on the embassy, I remember when I travelled with my wife to Bkk to visit the embassy, booked into a hotel in the Nana area.  Had never been there before, but you could have knocked me over with a feather when we arrived at the hotel and you could see what was happening across the road.  Needless to say, the next trip to Bkk to visit the embassy, we ended up in remote part of the city on a recommendation from a friend of hers, hours away from the embassy in an area where no one spoke english!!!  

You obviously got the message.

• Like 3

Ynot
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, mogo51 said:

You obviously got the message.

No, ended up divorced (not my fault though :whistling: ) but still good friends 

Edited by Ynot
further explanation

• 2 weeks later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 3/22/2016 at 3:23 PM, mogo51 said:

My SO i usually well grounded and rarely rattled.  She arrived home school very early today (students have finished but the wonderful Thais keep them at school for 3 week whilst they sit around and look at each other).  

So in she comes and is all flustered, sweating and most unlike her.  She tells me she has to go to Immigration to  get her visa, as they are getting their work permits for next school year Thursday, but thinks she will have to go to Bkk to get her qualifications stamped (she has only been teaching here 8 years so I can't figure that one out).

So I say, no worries, take you down on the bike, whilst there, I will get my re entry visa for Oz trip, same her.

Yes she has to have them stamped, they tell her, into a dither again she goes, I say no worries, we will go together early and have a day out, problem solved.  She smiles, knowing that means she gets to check out dress shops etc when done at Embassy.  Good part of that is, I get to sit somewhere and have a few beers - not all lost!

The valium has  kicked in now and she is off the merry go round.

They can get a little flustered when having to deal with officials 

• Like 1