Philippine's Pac Man is fighting this morning

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Manny Pacquaio will be fighting for what might be his last. He is fighting Timothy Bradley for the 3rd time. They both have won one and lost one.

The fight is on PPV but you can watch the whole fight afterwards on a delayed telecast if you don't mind watching a lot of commercials in between rounds. 

My wife and stepson are big fans of Manny, so they want to watch it and I'll probably be sitting here watching also. 

I like Manny's climb to the top from rags to riches. It's quite interesting. He fought his first pro fight at the age of 16 for 1000Pesos. He had to ride a ferry from Manila to Mindoro Island. Since then, he has won championships in many different weight divisions. He has a very impressive KO record and has KOed many top boxers. 

The man gives away much of his money to help the poor people in the Philippines. He has a good heart. Now, he wants to be a senator in the Philippines. I don't know how that will work out since he is not well educated but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I would prefer for him to retire and become a full time husband and father before he gets permanently injured, but what do I know.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Win, loose, or draw, one thing is for sure...........That's the day to go to the mall if you don't like crowds :hystery:

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted

yeah, it is pay per view here in Hawaii at $59, but I am streaming the fight on my Stream Smart box... lot of buffering at the moment, but still watchable in 720P HD.  

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

.... Now, he wants to be a senator in the Philippines. I don't know how that will work out since he is not well educated but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

"On May 13, 2010, Pacquiao was officially proclaimed congressman of the lone district of Sarangani."

On second term as a congressman.  Ran unopposed for second term.  Guess that lack of education doesn't hold him back any.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GregZ said:

"On May 13, 2010, Pacquiao was officially proclaimed congressman of the lone district of Sarangani."

On second term as a congressman.  Ran unopposed for second term.  Guess that lack of education doesn't hold him back any.

Yes, and in the states, we have had an actor, and a clown as president. One exchanged guns for drugs and the other started a war that unsettled the whole Middle East.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

The fight is over and it was BORING. 

• Like 2

GPJ
Posted
Posted

I have taught my kids that boring people get bored.  Manny will go down in history as one of the best fighters of all time.  I remember watching Willie Pep and Sandy Saddler fight on Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer Wednesday Night fights when I was ten years old 63 years ago.  By the age of 20 it became Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard and Tommy Hearns.  Anyone who thinks Pacquio's fight on Sat was boring must have watched a different fight than I did.  Try standing in front of a mirror for 3 minutes throwing punches and see how many rounds you will be able to go.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, GPJ said:

Anyone who thinks Pacquio's fight on Sat was boring must have watched a different fight than I did.  Try standing in front of a mirror for 3 minutes throwing punches and see how many rounds you will be able to go.

ROUND TWO!   :morning1:

• Like 1