Man Arrested After Kissing His Daughter

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well there you go,its not just in the Philippines that you could get into trouble by being normal.Man arrested after kissing his daughterAn Italian tourist has been held in a Brazilian jail for seven days after kissing his own daughter.The unnamed Italian man has been coming to the Brazilian resort of Fortaleza for 10 years on his annual holiday.But the area has also been a common destination for paedophiles who come to abuse young Brazilian girls.After a complaint from a couple who said they saw the man kissing a young girl on the lips, a special police force set up to handle such cases moved in and arrested the man.The so-called abuse happened at a hotel pool in full view of dozens of others guests.The man's wife was present and the young girl was his daughter.The wife has been quoted as saying nothing unusual was going on and she complained the other couple simply did not understand that the girl was the man's daughter.http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/5963450/ma...g-his-daughter/

chimellie
Posted
Posted

I never kissed my daughter on the lips. Is it normal for Italian men to kiss the daughter on their lips ?

brock
Posted
Posted

When I kiss my daughter, I always kiss her on the lips.........I dont stick my tongue down her throat though.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Now witnesses have added a bit more to the storyAn Italian man arrested in Brazil on suspicion of pedophilia for kissing his 8-year-old daughter in public has been admitted to hospital suffering symptoms of stress.The 48-year-old businessman was arrested a week ago while on vacation in the northern city of Fortaleza after an elderly Brazilian couple saw him kiss his daughter while they were both in a hotel pool.The couple thought the kiss, on the girl's mouth, and other signs of affection were "inappropriate" and alerted police, according to reports on the news websites G1, O Globo and Zero Hora.The man, who was not named, was detained under a tough new Brazilian law introduced in August designed to clamp down on the sexual abuse of minors.His Brazilian wife said she was near the pool at the time and insists the kiss was innocent.The Italian was admitted to hospital on Sunday suffering high blood pressure and depression."We saw he was very tense, stressed and hadn't eaten. So we decided to get a doctor to look after him. After taking his blood pressure, the doctor decided he should be transferred to hospital for a series of tests," the man's lawyer, Flavio Jacinto, told Zero Hora.Four witnesses at the hotel pool were questioned by police.Two reportedly said that they, too, felt uncomfortable with the way the man was interacting with his daughter. One witness reportedly said the kiss was suspiciously lingering.If convicted under the new law, the Italian could face up to 15 years in prison.

Travis
Posted
Posted

we don't do that in the states & I see no reason to kiss a child on the lips ever but if there was no noticeable sexual intent then an arrest is just wrong

Mik
Posted
Posted

While the intent of the law may be noble, the police need to be careful how they use their new power. Couldn't the police have simply cautioned the father about displaying affection in public? The police should focus on real criminals, not on families showing innocent affection. Who will protect us when the police abuse their power?Pretty soon everything will be illegal. People will be arrested for even breathing ("global warming").

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Pretty soon everything will be illegal. People will be arrested for even breathing ("global warming").
They won't arrest you, they'll just create a new tax based on the size of your carbon footprint. Oh, and if national health care passes, the fat tax won't be far behind. Next up will be a tax for male-pattern baldness and other genetic factors that indicate a need for more health care than usual.