Where to buy brown/unpolished rice in Cebu

JonPalawan
Posted
Posted

Title pretty much says it. Where can I buy unpolished rice by the kilo in the Mandaue area of Cebu? Anywhere at public market? Here in Puerto Princesa it's available at the public markets.

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted

I recently read a warning about rice picking up heavy metals as arsenic and cadmium in the ground, and that it was worse off with the brown, "healthy" rice.

Here is an article about it:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/well/2014/04/18/the-trouble-with-rice/?referer=

But to your question, Rona say it is just to ask for brown rice, and you will find it. In our area it sold in the market.

• 1 month later...
russellmania
Posted
Posted

Every brown rice I come across in Cebu City it looks like brown wild rice. I just brought back 4 boxes of boil in the bag brown rice from the USA. So that will hold me for awhile til I go back and re-up in a few weeks.

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

I've seen brown rice in some local town public markets, but I've more often seen in the local Mandaue and Cebu City supermarkets. Don't remember the brand, but mostly would be found in the smaller plastic 2 Kilo bags. Next week when I'm there, I'll try to look again for any brand names that I see, so that you could then look for or buy.

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Hi again JonPalawan,

I was at SMHypermarket at J Centre Mall in Mandaue yesterday, and looked for brown rice for you.There was a 2kilo bag in the rice section called Dona Maria Jasponica Brown Rice. I saw on line that Lazada ph sells it too so you can see an image of it there. Not sure if this is the type you're looking for, but anyway when you're in Cebu you can find it here.

Queenie

• Like 1

JonPalawan
Posted
Posted
On 7/12/2016 at 6:51 AM, Queenie O. said:

Hi again JonPalawan,

I was at SMHypermarket at J Centre Mall in Mandaue yesterday, and looked for brown rice for you.There was a 2kilo bag in the rice section called Dona Maria Jasponica Brown Rice. I saw on line that Lazada ph sells it too so you can see an image of it there. Not sure if this is the type you're looking for, but anyway when you're in Cebu you can find it here.

Queenie

Thanks, I forwarded to my friend in Cebu.