Price of Beer. Up and up slightly.

chris49
Posted
Posted

What is everyone paying now? San Mig Pilsen is up to around 32 if consumed on premises or 34 with the bottle deposit. Pilsen is one fine beer but not worth 2 centavos if not icy cold.

Beer na Beer 330 ml was 19.80 P/- in the supermarket today. Colt 45 is 33/- for 500 ml. Red Horse, which I don't drink, must be 39-40/- for 500 ml.

What are you drinking and what do you pay.

Bonus Question: How many?

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Jack know where to buy the cheapest beer I found in Philippines.  But he may not tell.

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Same prices in local Sari-Sari here. Good thing is that they dont charge bottle fee from me. I just get my piss, drink it and return the empty bottles next day (or next week). Im the end i take all the bottles back + the ones i bought from the supermarket.

They know me and what i want. I drink redhorse (or Pilsen/Royal if the missis is grumpy) and im usualy greeted with "3 large redhorse sir?" ???

How meny depends on the day. Havent had a beer in two weeks (got abit to tipsy last time with 6 Pilsen Grandes and the missis was angry). She agreed i could have 2 San Mig lights today, that i traded for 4 San Mig lemons haha.

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 4

chris49
Posted
Posted

I don't take 'em home. Can lead to problems.

If ever the situation arose, entertaining friends, I pay my deposit. I know I don't have to, but there's a situation which arises now and then. Sari sari owner will come to round up bottles, which have been thrown in the garden by other family members. Non deposited of course. Usually a big scene as she counts the bottles, so I stay out of that.

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, chris49 said:

I don't take 'em home. Can lead to problems.

If ever the situation arose, entertaining friends, I pay my deposit. I know I don't have to, but there's a situation which arises now and then. Sari sari owner will come to round up bottles, which have been thrown in the garden by other family members. Non deposited of course. Usually a big scene as she counts the bottles, so I stay out of that.

All the family members know that beer bottles and soda bottles must be returned to the Sari-Sari. They have known the owners of the over the road Sari-Sari store for ages, so we never have any problems. I even return them the San Mig light/Apple bottles i buy from the Supermarket (they only sell pilsen and redhorse), so they will a little bonus when they return them.

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

San Miguel Pilsen is P25 in my local sari sari....no deposit needed, down the road it is P28. I pay P70 for a Grande. 

Amounts vary!

• Like 1