Confusion on money - might be a loan?

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Congratulations Tim.  It sure sounds like you not only got a good wife, but a good family.  I too have heard so many stories involving $$ and loans/gifts that put a bad light on some here.  But I have also heard many like yours and even had the pleasure of experiencing some paybacks in the past.  I truly believe there are more responsible people here than we realize.  Don’t get me wrong, given the right opportunity, things could easily go sour for sure.  But at least this time for you, a good experience!

• Like 5

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have them trained that I only give out 1 loan at a time.  Until it is paid back no one else can take a loan... it has worked well.

In this case I had no idea it was a loan, though.

My wife explained it a bit more. She loaned p5000 to her sister in Malaysia for airfare.  My wife borrowed p3000 from a sister in Manila to loan to the sister in Malaysia.  So the Malaysian OFW is sending me 8, I keep 5, and send 3 to Manila... You would not believe how many text that took for my wife to explain ha ha....  That is why the sister in Malaysia was confused when I asked about the amount, because she thought we loaned her the whole p8,000.  And I had no idea we loaned any.  I still don't know who paid for the father-in-law's hospital bill.

I am just glad I have some wine... I need it now   :bonk:

...I still need to get me a Western Union boyfriend   :tiphat:

• Like 5

intrepid
Posted
Posted

:popcorn:Been there, done that!  I'm just glad others can experience all the fun of texting and trying to figure out half thoughts with broken english and whatever else!  Always feels good once, or if, the communication becomes clear and you get that understanding.  If you are still sober or awake to understand yourself!:89:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I can imagine an interesting conversation arising from a loan of my money I didn't know about. If it were money I gave her, it became her money and I don't care.

• Like 2

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted

I am not sure I am right on this, it is as confusing to me, but it seems that once in a while soneone paid for someone else due to whatever reason, and it turns into a "pay back if need arises".

Not a loan as we think of it traditionally, more like "I owe you one".

To me it is as blurry as keeping track of family relations, long training needed. I trust R to sort it out, so far we have been the beneficiaries but she insist we do not pay back. Yet... Eh??

• 2 months later...
Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Keeping track of family relations is hopeless! 

• Like 2