I found a good BBQ grill, I hope

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

As discussed many times it can be hard to find a good grill here.  A few weeks ago I saw that they had a Masterbuilt Elite 22.5 inch grill at Pure Gold Duty Free.  Expensive at $136, about p6365.  A few days ago I saw a similar Masterbuilt at HMR that was brand new, but one of the plastic side tables had a hole in it, for p4999.  So I started looking into Masterbuilt.  They are known for their smokers but have a few charcoal grills, and they get good reviews on Amazon.

A basic Weber on Amazon is $99 now and one with some of the features this one has (but not as good) is $149, so $136 seemed not too bad, and I decided to go for the one at Pure Gold DF.  I put it together today and it is very heavy duty.  It weighs almost 20 kg while the similar Weber on Amazon only weighs 14 kgs.  It has porcelain grills and they are very heavy.  The instructions were good and it is well designed with good quality parts.

I was looking at the box just now and I saw that this model is actually a Costco retail product.  Pure Gold and S&R sometimes have the Costco products.  So I looked at the Costco website and there it is, for $70!  So I actually paid almost twice what it would cost in the U.S. at Costco.  Still a decent deal for a quality grill in PH.

http://www.costco.com/Masterbuilt-22.5"-Kettle-Grill-with-Side-Shelf.product.100174791.html?catalogId=10701&keyword=masterbuilt&langId=-1&storeId=10301&refine=

Here are a couple of pictures of it with my assembly helper.  It looks really nice in the house so I was thinking about keeping it inside as home decor.

DSCN1935-001.JPGDSCN1937-001.JPG

• Like 4

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Looks nice and its charcoal. I never liked the gas BBQs personaly. They are hassle free to run, but i miss the tast and smell of a good charcoal grilled meat.

• Like 2