Small propane bottles (14.1 oz) in Cebu ?

bang4dabuck
Posted
Posted

Like back in the US such as Coleman and Bernzomatic, usually green colored. Need for a small gas grill. Also if anyone is familiar with a way I can refill or take to be refilled here in the Phils.

thanks

robert k
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, bang4dabuck said:

Like back in the US such as Coleman and Bernzomatic, usually green colored. Need for a small gas grill. Also if anyone is familiar with a way I can refill or take to be refilled here in the Phils.

thanks

I think the usual propane bottles from the US are somewhat rare. In fact I only recall seeing Mapp gas at a hardware store with the large 7/8 inch threads but you wouldn't want to use that. I think it will be difficult to find some place where they have the proper adapter to fill a bottle with 7/8 threads. The common bottles in the Philippines appear to have roughly 1/2 inch threads and there are places that refill them for about 30 php last time I looked. There are some fairly nice and compact stoves that take the small thread bottles and they aren't very expensive about 1,500 php for the stove and I believe new filled bottles are around 200 php. Sorry to say I don't know where to send you where you might find the US style bottles and I won't send you on a goose chase. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

There are adapters available to refill those bottles in the US.  But I have not yet seen them here in the Philippines.  May be, but I have not looked for them either.  Of course if you have to have one I recall seeing them on line at Northern Tools.  The usual wait time would apply!

• Like 1