Rice Stocks

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I was reading this story which reminded me of seeing huge rice stock piles with tarps over them in Cebu,my question for any genius out there is how do they stop rodents and cockroaches from infesting the stock pile?? :) Philippines to buy more local rice to boost stockpile (philstar.com) Updated September 12, 2009 01:00 AM MANILA, (Xinhua) -- The Philippine government is planning to buy roughly 780,000 metric tons of unhusked rice from local farmers during the harvest season to beef up its stockpile and reduce the country's dependence on imports, a senior agriculture official said yesterday.National Food Authority Administrator Jessup Navarro said high government support price and other incentives that the agency offers will enable it to buy more from local farmers during the harvest season, which runs from September to December.Navarro said the agency now holds roughly 1.3 million tons of rice or equivalent to feed the country for 37 days.The Philippines is one of the world's largest rice importer. The spike of food prices earlier last year prompted the government to rethink its decades-long policy to buy cheap rice abroad to feed the country's rice-loving 90 million population.Navarro did not say how much rice his agency, the sole authorized government rice importer, intends to buy from overseas for this year.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Not to worry ....... they'll quit eating when they get full ..... :7_4_17[1]: SugarwareZ-007.gif

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I was reading this story which reminded me of seeing huge rice stock piles with tarps over them in Cebu,my question for any genius out there is how do they stop rodents and cockroaches from infesting the stock pile??
Is this a trick question? Just make sure you wash your rice before cooking and don't think too much about where it came from. Its like eating a hot dog. The less you know about how it got to your plate, the better off you'll be.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hummmmmmm .... just a thought but if the rat or roach only ate rice would the turd look and taste like rice ...... I mean it is about the same size ........ who would know ........ Hummmmmmmmm ... just wondering ........ not even going to ask where the term "sticky-rice" comes from ........ SugarwareZ-011.gifSugarwareZ-011.gifSugarwareZ-011.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I was reading this story which reminded me of seeing huge rice stock piles with tarps over them in Cebu,my question for any genius out there is how do they stop rodents and cockroaches from infesting the stock pile??
Is this a trick question? Just make sure you wash your rice before cooking and don't think too much about where it came from. Its like eating a hot dog. The less you know about how it got to your plate, the better off you'll be.
No not a trick question,it wasn't about what ends up in the rice but wondering if any sort of control measures were used to keep them critters out. :7_4_17[1]:

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
No not a trick question,it wasn't about what ends up in the rice but wondering if any sort of control measures were used to keep them critters out. :7_4_17[1]:
They have a guy with a stick and flat feet. :7_4_17[1]: